[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Welcome to the community :smiley:

2 Likes

Based on your needs I would recommend an Evolve board, theyā€™re a reputable brand and plenty of people have modified them to go faster and ride longer. Also Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Welcome, hope that we can be helpful if needed.

2 Likes

welcome depending on your budget there are many builds out there for you

1 Like

Hi and welcome into the e-skate forum!

1 Like

Share you plans and we will give our opinion and tips :smiley:

1 Like

A very good and cost effective option that i would recommend to everyone looking to get into the world of DIY esk8.

Majority of prebuilt have 6months warranty, which is a great amount of time to become familiar with the out of the box characteristics.

During this ā€œbreak in stageā€ you can learn everything you need about the technology and make an educated decision if you need to throw anymore of your hard earned cash at upgrades.

Welcome aboard

1 Like

Ahhh silverfishā€¦

2 Likes

Lies all lies. You will drive yourself crazy. And just when you think you have it. You donā€™t. Hey hi how ya doin?

2 Likes

I kind of agree with this, partly because prebuilts can be annoying to upgrade

They are a super valid starting point now though

4 Likes

Iā€™m not disagreeing on that, Iā€™m disagreeing with learning everything you need. Itā€™s hypothetical I get it.

1 Like

Never had a chance to experience good pre-build. Interesting how it differs from DIY

2 Likes

Its thrilling, not unlike a good horror movie. Except its real life and you never know which bolts should have loctite but dont and just where the cold solder joint(s) is/are. :astonished:

Just having a bit of fun is all. I dont speak from experience with any E-skateboards.

1 Like

Helloo, welcome to the community !

2 Likes

Hi, welcome here) and how is your exway, is it good? my boyfriend wants to ride together and iā€™m thinking to let him buy me a now one, or win one by myself))

1 Like

I actually gave my Exway X1 to my gf. we now ride almost every weekend together (me on the Exway wave). while the dog runs with us. I would recommend!

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Hey names Tony, Iā€™m just starting my first diy. Ive never been on a e skate, Iā€™m a carpenter / ski bum so this will be powered by dewalt until I find something else. 50ā€ 6ply birch deck my little bro in law made Torque boards CNC belt kit/or M1 gear drive Maker x esc Dewalt 20v (I have 8) or lipo hobby batteries

2 Likes

Welcome to the ESK8 forum, TnA.

If you do go the rc hobby battery route, be sure to give those things plenty of cushioning and support. But you probably knew that already.

2 Likes