[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

2 Likes

Do I need to power off and back on between any of the steps? I ran through it a couple more times and tried turning on my remote before motor detection. ?:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::confounded::pleading_face:

1 Like
4 Likes

Actually just today boosted board mini was up for sale on offer up, not the type I want but Iā€™ll keep looking. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Now thatā€™s an activity I can get onboard with big time.

3 Likes

Hi Guys,.

Iā€™m Mark a Dutchie, riding Exway X1 and Wave on a daily base. Now I want to start planning to build a E-Mountainboard for this summer for full offroad.

Thinking to go with a

• Mbs comp 95
  • flipsky ESC
  • 12s lipo. batteries
  • belt or chain drive.

Or a Trampa board and drive, since Iā€™m EU. Canā€™t really choose. Iā€™d like to make it upgradable over time.

I do also have questions:

• Why do most people have the ESC separate on the back of the board. I can think off wire management, or heat management?
  • does anyone knows shops in EU where I can get stuff. Itā€™s tricky to Google using limited languages.

Tips are most welcome, I want to start with a powerful enough modular setup. So if itā€™s all fun enough, I can easily upgrade parts.

Kind regards, and ride on! Mark

2 Likes

Whatupppp pepz

3 Likes

You do not need to set any remote config. The PPM remote approach in your video is not for your remote. (Because I see km/h coming through at the detection, this must be UART) You need to find app configuration within the vesc tool and just change your control mode to UART (and not even UART and PPM)

And that remote doesnā€™t need calibration, unless on the remote-menu side

Iā€™m not 100% on this, but based on the video i think this will help you figure it out

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, I did a set up last night and finally figured it out. Instead of ppm set up i did nrf. Seems to have worked.

2 Likes

Sorry I was late, problems solved is always a good answer

2 Likes

Itā€™s really great seeing everyoneā€™s involvement in this forum. I Really love this community. Thanks for being part of it.

2 Likes

This should be the guys first 50+ liked post, and not because of me, cause of the regulars

edit: my last semi-derailment of the thread, introductions only

3 Likes

Hey @Skitzor pass the dutchie

3 Likes

Iā€™m not new per se, Iā€™ve been hanging around esk8.news for a few months now. I have two boards in progress, one is build on a LY evo and one is a cheapo budget single motor board.

2 Likes

Not sure why or how.

The flipsky vx2 is a UART based remote.

1 Like

Thanks. On it.

1 Like

Hi SimĆ£o! Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome Dutchie,

itā€™s mostly due to available real estate on the top of the deck.

ā€œTrueā€ mountain board builders will not utilise the underside of the deck because it is more exposed to damage and environmental elements below the deck. They expect that they are going to be doing tricks and jumps, rail slides, riding in wet etc.

So now we only have the space between the feet and the small area above each truck.

Since emtb are less power efficient, due to the large pneumatic tyres and the rough terrain, the battery must be large to have decent range and performance.

These large batteries can easily take up the entire real estate between the riders feet. Itā€™s also lots of extra weight for the deck to support.

So then you must choose a good place to put the ESC, of course you can put it with battery, so donā€™t rule that out. However it also means you now have to route the 6 or more thick motor wires to the back, higher material cost and harder in terms of routing the wires neatly.

So now, it seems the obvious choice is in the back right near the motors. Then you only need two wires from battery to esc.

I suppose if you have front wheel drive, you would put it at front.

3 Likes

Cool thanks, Iā€™m going to think about it. Since I want to run lipoā€™s I guess Iā€™ll have some space.left in the battery box.

I can get some special cables from work to run the motor wires over the bindings. Making the battery and ESC fully waterproof. And put some sort of heatsink external.

But for now I decided to save a bit up, and go for trampa board and drives.

Hey all! Gad to be part of a forum with an active community, reminds me of the Silverfish days :grinning:

Iā€™ve been skating for about 12 years now. Started on a ripper, then I discovered snowboarding and moved to a longboard. Carving is my passion and I love speed.

Snow season just ended here in Michigan, and Iā€™m looking to get my fix through alternative means. Always thought MTB was cool, but we have more trails than mountains here, so it wasnā€™t an option at the time.

My main deal is music. Iā€™m a (Detroit) Techno musician who will be starting a Music Technology degree this year. Iā€™m very interested in the technological aspect of the trade and I loooove complex synthesizers and effects units, you can get some amazing sounds through reading manuals and endless experimentation.

Needless to say, Iā€™m into the DIY aspect of this community. However, I split my time between an IT Career and studio sessions, so Iā€™d like to start with a prebuild and upgrade as I spend more time here.

It seems like Iā€™ve found my people, the positivity here is downright refreshing :v:

5 Likes