[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hey all, name’s Richard. After back to the future day I fell down the rabbit hole that is youtube and stumbled onto a video about Boosted, Yuneec, Marbel etc. Well now after a few days of forum reading I’m considering getting into this craze. I dabbled in 450 size helis, I’ve had a couple longboards, skateboards, snowboard, surf, windsurf, etc etc etc. I’m 6’ 240lbs so I’m concerned about having enough motor/not getting crazy expensive. Fairly flat where I’m at but there are some slopes.

So my hopes are to keep it as cost effective as possible while still being zippy enough, decent range, and so on. Leaning towards a kit with everything I need, is a 50mm 6s 5000mah single setup sound like it will be sufficient to start? Thanks in advance!

If you are going with a single motor maybe go with a 63mm. What’s the speed you want to go? Zippy as in 16mph or zippy as in 30mph

Also how far would you like to go?

I’m thinking of a 33" kick-tail for more maneuverability, so I think 30mph with that short of a wheelbase would be more terrifying than zippy. Range would be ideally close to 10 miles. Would the 50mm from DIYElectricSkateboard be too small?

for your weight, I’d definitely steer clear of a small 50mm motor on a 6s setup; I just don’t see that little guy pulling you around for very long before burning out.

If you can do it, higher voltage is always better; a 10s or 12s setup with enertion’s 63mm 190kv motor, or any of the turnigy sk3 63mm motors would be a lot better.

I had a 50mm 6s setup when I first started, geared to around 22 miles per hour (it is also flat here in florida), but the difference is I only weigh like 140 pounds… even with my weight and gearing the motor ran really hot even though I wasn’t pushing it hard: it didn’t last me a full year either.

basically, I think by trying to go the cheaper route with the lower voltage, and smaller motor, you are going to end up screwing yourself over after burning out the motor

I’d look at the VESC esc (it’s cheaper than alot of rc car escs too) and 170-220ish kv motors. I think a larger 63mm motor running at a higher voltage would make you significantly more happy in the long run.

good luck man! @saabsaviorlee

2 Likes

Hey guys. Melbourne bred creator of beautiful hand shaped (and constructed) longboard cruiser & carvers. Great to be here. Loving all the info and like mindedness. Lets ramp the HELL out of this industry from down under and show the world how its really done! Cheers guys. Leigh

3 Likes

Welcome LEIGH, look forward to seeing some of these decks, sounds sweet. you can also post about them in the e-board market

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/c/e-board-market

Hola a todos! Mi ingles es nefasto pido disculpas…Hay alguien que pueda echarme una mano, estoy interesado en el kit mas simple (un solo motor, precio y si puede ser con el mando pequeño ) pero no me aclaro y no se si envian a españa. Gracias y un saludo!

Hi antbcn. I just translated for you. (Google Translate)

Hello everyone ! My English is ominous I apologize … there anyone who can help me out , I’m interested in (single engine , price and whether it can be with the small knob ) the simplest kit but did not say I do not know if sent to Spain . Thanks in advance !

1 Like

hablo Español un poco…

primero, va a www.enertionboards.com. ellos tienen muchos productos para haciendo su monopatín eléctrico. Ellos envian en todo el mundo también.

estoy en la clase de Español dos, y mi español es no muy bueno… lo siento!

(el traductor de Google es no siempre correcto, así que no lo uso.)

2 Likes

it said his english was ominous… lmao i lost faith in google translate that very second. It would have to be some pretty superb english to loom over us in such a threatening manner.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks Jason. Loving it. Cheers-Leigh.

Hey everyone! I have always kind of wanted an electric longboard, and I finally decided to start planning my build. Basically, I’m going to take my current board, change the wheels out for some Orangatang Kegels, and add motors to both rear wheels.

My tentative build list is as follows: Paris V2 trucks Orangatang Kegel wheels Alien Drive System motor mount kit, pulleys, and belts Tacon Big Foot 110 295kv motors VESCs for both motors Either 12S worth of LiPos or a Space Cell, not sure which yet Nyko Kama controller

I’m planning on building this some time in the next couple of months.

2 Likes

ollaaa,

nice to meet u guys here.

I like the idea of skateboard/longboard that is upgrade into next level. so much fun :smile:

I am currently waiting for the nunchuck plug and play version from enertion to be release and basically all my diy item comes from enertion. VESC, Motor, Deck, Mechanical drive set, Trucks. Very cool and good quality product.

cheers

Hi, new member here! I’ve been a lurker for a little while and I’m hoping to learn a some more by being able to participate in the forums :smile: !

Along with that, I’ve built one e-skateboard with the kits from Jason and I’m want to learn how to build a off road skateboard

Hola gents, I am a transplant from Alaska originally, now living in Spain building things and teaching stuff. I found ES…got the bug and have been collecting parts ever since. My first build was a cheapo ebay special board, wheels/mounts/ trucks from enertion and motor/esc from DIY. Love it still it and use everyweekend. waiting from some parts (read Vesc and mounts) to complete next three builds - spanish Amano longboard, wolfshark, and Madrid double kicktail.

1 Like

hi & welcome to @dacc34 @NIK @unwoundmouse @monkey32