[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Cool trucks, I would recommend making axles that are a little like this

So you can mount motor plates onto them

the axles don’t need to be that long.

1 Like

wow amazing thank you! My axles are removable and I never considered this!

1 Like

its a really good way. Not my original idea.

1 Like

I only get 21 replies per day on the other site, do you think that this axle could be adapted to your moon drive system? I didn’t realize you made such a clean direct drive set up and I drool over cnc’d parts.

1 Like

Hi I’m trying to upgrade my ownboard to all terrain wheels that I ordered from a company called skull board.has anyone used or heard of this company? Is says my wheels were sent but no one will email me back from that company???

Hello, Peter from Warsaw, Poland. Builder - not yet. But I need to electrify my Carver trucks toys. Also an OW+ rider.

Hello! I’m Jacob from Grand Rapids, MI! I’ve been building eBikes for about 4 years. I’m now interested in trying out making an eBoard. My idea is to start out as simple, basic and inexpensive as possible: To use one of my leftover batteries, secure it to a piece of leftover wood, and then basically slap on the wheels and some grip to create an extremely janky commuter board. My main concerns are the weight of the battery as well as the continuous and peak Amps of the battery not being up to spec for these high torque motors. I could be wrong, this isn’t the place to discuss it, and this is a long enough intro as it is! Hope I don’t crash and die! (again).

Hey Esk8! This is JT. I want to thank everyone here that contributes and shares their info, creativity, ingenuity and time. I used to skateboard some back in the day and recently got into the esk8 community through my Backfire G2 Black. So far, it is great and has a lot of great things to offer at a budget. But as so many have said before, I want more. My desire would be an AT board with nice flex and 30/30 (30 mph and solid 30 mile range or more;) However, I think for now I will stick with the premade boards for now and check out ways to maintain and then see others’ unique builds, etc. Thanks!!

Hello everyone! Quick rundown on me. I am combat medic in the Army and I am finishing up my nursing degree and will graduate in December. My son got interested in electric skateboards so I bought him an inexpensive Liftboard and I have to say it is a lot of fun especially since I haven’t been on a skateboard in probably 30 years. Needless to say my son saw one of those cool Bajaboards so my best alternative is to build an off road board with my son. I’m pretty decent with basic electronics and have started buying parts for his board. We decided to go with a simple single drive set up and will consider a dual drive once he gets better. I bought one of those off road type long boards with 6" pneumatic tires off ebay, a small pelican case, another 6" wheel with gear and a motor mount kit. I’m currently looking for a good battery, motor and ESC to go with it. We pretty much are trying to build a low cost “Patriot” type board that we can upgrade along the way. Instead of just building the board I want to use this as an opportunity to teach my son basic electronics and the physics behind the drivetrain components/characteristics. I am sure once we are done I will have to build one of my own. I will post some pictures along the way. Anyways that’s a little about me and my first project with my son!

1 Like

Please come join the NeW FoRUm @ forum . esk8 . news This is not some stupid forum, we have migrated over there. this forum is now regarded as the Old Forum. plenty of info on here but for selling things and & more interesting stuff, please join the new one. the spaces are because there is a spam bot the removes anything that identifies as the new forum because Jason, the owner of this forum and also the owner of fucked-up Enertion is raging lol

Heya everyone! Jordan here from Ottawa, Canada!

Been working on my board for a while now while busy with my real life lol. It’s been a labor of love with lots of trial and error, but I should have it running for next spring :slight_smile:

Currently need new ESCs (looking at dual flipsky but not sure yet) and a new BMS since my current one is kinda bad.

My board is a 6S 16Ah Lipo setup with dual 580kv motors, pushing around 4kW total (yes, I know my kv is way too high, but I bought the motors before I knew better).

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Hello. My name is Adrian and I am from Czech republic. I am here maily because of you experienced esk8 builders so you can answer my questions. I ve bought all mechanics parts by now. Next step will be to buy electronic parts like cells, bms, esc and motors. I have red a lot about that topic and have found some parts that may work. I just want to be sure i cant do something better. Do you have something like will it work section, where you can write the parts combo and others would just give theirs option on that? If not, it would be nice to have, cuz it can really help begginers Like me to build exactly what they want. Cheers. :wink:

Hey my name is Chris I’m new to this hobby and looking to get a good deal on a used budget board or decent DIY board. I just don’t know what to order and where. I see allot on EBay I was interested in like the Meepo, Backfire and WowGo.

Anyone suggest a kit to make this easier or list of parts around $400? I just wanna use it for fun nothing special, I’m from New Orleans so there’s really no hills.

Thank you and hope to join y’all soon.

Hey I’m Ravyn from Daytona. I’m currently working on my first board that started life as a lift board single. It’s far from that now with the only original parts being the battery not the bms and the motor. The wheels are currently being replaced by 96mm I’m printing myself. I’m also trying to find others that are in Daytona or close to ride with.

Hello everyone! My name is Eason from China. I don’t know if every one knows Taobao, I am working in a company which is selling Taobao agent system. It helps people build their own websites. This website can help people who want to buy Chinese products from taobao/tmall/1688/JD etc. online e-commerce platform. We have a complete solve plan for international transshipment logistics, payment methods, and language. If anyone is interested in this business or you have some requirements, leave your demands now:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Hi my name is Hubert, I’m from Poland.I am planning to build the following setup

• motor Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5055-280KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
  • ESC ZTW Beatles - 60A BEC I know it is not recommended but I will try it and later if it will not be enough i will go for VESC
  • battery : ZIPPY Compact 4000mAh 6S 25C Lipo Pack
  • balance charger: Redox BETA charger for 6 cell
  • trucks: CALIBER II
  • wheels: Kegel 80mm 80a
  • remote controlller: remote which I found on this forum
1 Like

Hi! New member but have been a long time reader and lurker. Created the account so that I could finally interact. This place is a really great community and I am glad to join! Chuck

1 Like

Yes this other forum is really quite good :+1:

1 Like

hello I recently purchase a mellow Drive the battery I received with the drive is not working and does not light up I need help repairing this so I can ride the damn thing anything would help

Hey guys I am looking to gain access to new ideas and information regarding electronic skate board building . I also have a plethora of equipment some I would like to make available for people to buy, but I’m not sure how to post a new topic yet . Excited to be a member