[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hey I am looking to use this forum to post about my interest in electric skateboards and parts please help me make my first post as that option is not currently available to me

1 Like

Look at the two posts above yours. Go there to ask your questions and weā€™ll help you out.

See you!

1 Like

So I have this mellow board that is pretty much a wrap as far as the battery is concerned. Iā€™d like to do something with the remains Iā€™m pretty sure I can use the rear axle and Motors somehow I have the complete ESC . I also have the complete battery but something from that is preventing it from charging. Need advice for that too also suggestions as far as remote or what I could do with this

Hi everyone. My nameā€™s Mark. Iā€™ve been lurking on your forum for little over a month now. Just finally made an account. Im really new to esk8ing. Iā€™ve always had a passion for skateboarding on trick boards but that was years ago. Life kinda happened and got busy. I just bout my first esk8 board for commuting to work. First time I rode it was a blast. Instantly fell in love with this new hobby. Iā€™m wanting to mod it and make it a little more rugged. I work for a CNC machine shop as an operator and Im mechanically inclined but am not good when it comes to electric stuff. So Iā€™m hoping to learn from you guys. Iā€™m very fascinated with some of the builds Iā€™ve seen from you guys so far. Iā€™m on a budget tho and I have a few ideas for my first DIY build but for now I just want to improve my board for commuting and have fun with it. While I save some money up and I hope you guys will welcome me into the community here

Hi. I am trying to learn how to work with SPIM08HP 200A packs from batteryhookup. I bought 150 of them. So far I am just charging and discharging them to get them up to speed. Some are coming up 10550mAh. WOW! I cant figure out how to measure internal resistance of each pack. I want a 10s 4p.

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Daniel and Iā€™m here to report the fraud that is Enertion Boards.

Beware of these scammers. They accepted the return of a Focbox Unity and after several months waiting, I have not received the money. Now I have neither the money nor the Focbox. They do not answer emails. I have already initiated legal action against them for fraud.

I will not stop until I get my money.

3 Likes

Hi Guys I have been a long boarder for well, long. I skated around India & Thailand 20 years ago on a Buddha Board equipped with the ā€˜convert any skate board with the 100m High tractor wheels & raiser kitā€™ Im 53 now and donā€™t bounce like I used to & donā€™t regularly skate. So I got me a second hand ā€˜HELVEI Motorised SmartMove Longboard Skateboard with Rechargeable Battery Pack, Dual Motors 1800 W and Remote ā€“ Blackā€™ unfortunately the remotes battery didnā€™t last long at all. I have tried replacing the battery (well soldering another one on the inside the housing but soldering is not my thing & have tried to get other remotes to match up with the board to no avail. Can anyone tell me whats the best remote to buy for this? Ps Helvei sell thru amazon etc & have never got back to me when trying to contact them, hell I even said I would buy 100 boards off them to get a responce but nothing came back!

1 Like

Better talk to your credit company and try fors one of dem chargebacks cus Enertions is goin under. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid yous ever notice, Enertions was having trouble just keeping this sites runnin. They have plenty of time to block people from headings over forum. but not concerned with running Enertions.

Kinda makes a fella wonderā€¦

Hey there.

Des here from sunny South Africa.

I got my first skateboard in the late 70ā€™s (remember Snowy Smith?) and thereā€™s always been a board of sorts around.

A few years ago, my son got into skateboarding and recently picked up one of these for cheap because he thought it would be fun.

(wonā€™t let me insert image or link, but basically a Skatey 800 )

It worked, but range and runtime were bad, so we replaced the batteryā€™s. This did improve things, but range improved to about 2km and runtime about 20 minutes. Batteries do charge and hold their charge, but seem quite depleted after the short time.

So we are thinking about what needs to be replaced / repaired / upgraded. I know this is quite old tech and possibly a bit outdated, and we will never get to the level of some of the new boards or probably even the range of 30km etc that these boards advertised when new. But even if we could get it to, say 10km and an hour of use, it would be some good fun.

So, Iā€™m getting to grips with this forum and doing the search thing, but in the meantime, could anyone point me in the right direction of what / where I can look?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Did you ever finish your RKB build?

Hello Guys, Iā€™m Hugo from :portugal:

I have been skating for the past 4 years and after a year skating I bought an electric skateboard (Backfire) and I loved the feeling of riding without effort. Now, I want to create my electric skateboard, itā€™s time and thatā€™s why Iā€™m this forum to learn more with all your feedback :smile:

Cheers

1 Like

hello guys. Iā€™m interesting in motor drive setting and connecting the multiple VESC via CAN bus communication.

actually Iā€™m working in startup, where using several VESC motor controller on oneā€™s product that being developed.

1 Like

Hi, My name is ben and iā€™m happy to join this forum !

My Dragsterboard :slight_smile:

See ya

1 Like

Hi everyone! Iā€™m a beginner in esk8 and an bought everything to build a cheap one (Idonā€™t have that much money) but it doesnā€™t work so iā€™m looking up for the cheapest solutions! But more generally I would like to uprage it later until have a useful electric skateboard with which i could do more than 50 meters before break down!!

Hey, if possible, create a new thread, list all the parts, adding some photos too, then we might be able to assist you with the problems you have.

If you can make a new topic/post, it means you just have to do some more reading on here, it will automatically allow you to post after a set time.

Thank you very much for your answer but since then I found the solution. So Iā€™m not going to do it but I keep the advice for a next time!

Guess i should have a go as well!

Nelson, 29, living in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Working for various companyā€™s. One of them being Fatdaddy, where we have shops that sell and repair electric vehicles. Iā€™m also part of Dutch lobbygroup LegaalRijden (legal riding) where we have been making great progress in getting the Dutch government to recognize electric skateboards, monowheels and the onewheel. - yes there are still illegal over here. You can help us by signing our petition. I currently own a electric scooter and electric skateboard. Although Iā€™m not planning on building my own DIY, i might purchase one from a builder as brands canā€™t seem to get it right when it comes to range. ( ditch design and put a big batterypack on the deck please ).

Nope, move to a trampa board

Hi all, Iā€™m Matt from California. I started building my own esk8 last year but donā€™t have the time or patience to complete it so Iā€™m looking to part out what I have.

I will be posting a topic in the used parts category later today with my inventory.

What I have for sale:

• 2x Torque Boards 6355 190KV motors
  • 2x 63mm Motor Mount Kits
  • 2x 36T ABEC Pulley 12mm Kits
  • 2x Flipsky FSESC 6.6
  • 1x Remote w/ receiver
  • 1x Mboards 10S3P battery w/ charger
  • 1x DIYE enclosure

Pics: photos.app.goo.gl/FVHgBz9syEZuJgtq8

If interested in anything shoot me a message. Flexible on prices.

1 Like

Hi matt, You should create you own thread and also post the pictures directly into the thread. You will get much better results.