[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Combustion fuel yea? :joy:

1 Like

That’s how I have made many boards. I have a bathroom that’s pretty much where I soak my plys. Lol it works

1 Like

Hey Lendormi,

Welcome!

check out this video I made recently about setting up focbox unity+ Nothing compares in terms of setup speed & simplicity. We also have EU & US based repair technician that can help solve any technical issues that arise with Focbox.

4 Likes

Roll to start on pneumatics

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Jeff. I was referred to this forum because I bought a leafboard and it isn’t quite powerful enough. Starting to look in to diy and got recommended to come here.

Thanks for the invite venom!

5 Likes

No problem dude, glad you signed up :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

tasty!

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m a young french. I have been skating non electric skateboard for some time now. But it’s now been a few years that I’m looking at electric skateboard and seeing they are always improving with time.

I might finally let mysefl tempted and buy one. I don’t know yet if I want to build it myself or buy something like backfire company’s offering

Which solution would be the best ?

Thank you in advance

3 Likes

Im planning to go to france in the future, do you know the laws around esk8ing?

1 Like

Btw, if you are going to build one i would recommend to do a lot of research, and if you are not entirely sure about something, just ask. I didnt do that with my first board and it could have solved a lot of struggles.

2 Likes

Honestly, don’t wanna discourage, and I hope people don’t hate me for this opinion but just buy. ESPECIALLY if you don’t have a **** ton of diy experience already (battery packs, soldering, wiring). How ever much you think it’ll cost, it will cost you more. Way more. Parts won’t be compatible, you’ll need to solder, parts will fry, you’ll need to buy replacements… buying will 100% be cheaper, UNLESS you’re an esk8 building pro who knows how to avoid the “traps”.

I started mine at 16 without much experience, it seems like you’re in a similar position, so I figured I’d give my 2 cents. Had I known how hard this would be, and how much it would end up costing (not that it works yet but hopefully soon), I would’ve just bought one and saved myself the headache.

That being said, its a cool project and if you’re good, you might be able to get it working without too many problems, but if you like to skateboard, and want an esk8 to get around, buying is 100% the way to go, just because it will actually work, which is not a guarantee with your first diy.

If u do end up building, dm me and ill share all the things I missed during the time I spent studying that ended up screwing me (might save you some time might not), and be active on the forum, people here will be able to help you out.

Good luck!!

3 Likes

“best” depends on what you want. What do you want? What’s your budget? Do you know how to solder or can you learn?

3 Likes

Thanks for your feeback. Honestly a few years back I wanted to build one, but didn’t really have time and quickly got discourage reading all the complication some users were having. I’m gonna follow your advice and just buy one. Also, prices are really more afforadable for complete and good electric board than a few yaers back, I was really surprised.

1 Like

Don’t really know the laws in France about it. Probably not going over 25 KM/H and having an insurance, lights, this kind of stuff… You’re right, I’m probably gonna just buy a backfire or meepo one

1 Like

Bro welcome to the shit show. Now that captain factory is asleep, build a board. Anyone can buy one. Not everyone can build one. Most people are to full of themselves to ask for help or pointers. There are plenty of people here that have nothing better to do than assist. Ok I admit I have some china boards too. But but I got them broken and learned that way. if you really want to throw some money over my way I have a game called uncle elroys mystery board. Send me half your budget, I build a board send it to you and if you like it you pay the rest. +Taxes and shipping. Anyway, thanks for playing :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Hello everyone my name is Akhil​:sunglasses: ; and I think I am the only Indian here​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: . I love skateboarding, so I joined this community for knowing interesting facts about electric-skateboards ; as I have never ride on it, but I think it’s pretty cool amazing.

1 Like

Ooo boy its been a while since I’ve been here. I was a bit too ambitious on my budget for my first project. But I got myself a pre-built and I must stay I enjoy it thoroughly.

1 Like

Just like I failed to post here this month. How about that.

I want to get resin and fiberglass and try reinforcing my weak possessions.

2 Likes

@Venom121212 is a bro among bros. Any bros of his is a bro of mine. Welcome!

4 Likes

Bobby is a good dude @littlefox, you’d get along great :call_me_hand:

1 Like