[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

What side of the hill are you on?

Is that a supra? :rofl:

1 Like

I think you mean bmw :eyes:

2 Likes

What you do with those tb 110?

1 Like

In a box to swap to when itā€™s dry and warm.

3 Likes

Word. Did you have to get adapters for those pneummies?

Welcome been esk8ing about a year now working on my first build Have a couple of boards love riding building not so muchā€¦ But wasnā€™t more from my purchased boards so diy it is

1 Like

Based on the gray in my beard, Iā€™m nearly over the hillā€¦Longmont.

1 Like

Haha. Touche. So western slope? Apparently I canā€™t read. Iā€™m in Greeley

Nah, Front Range. I like the western slope for camping and biking though.

1 Like

Ever since my TBI, I donā€™t read so well either.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping to build a AT board using 52v super powerful leaf blower batteryā€™s

2 Likes

Hi @FIZZY_USA

Which batteries specifically? Unless you use a whole bunch of them, those would better suit a low powered street board then an AT board.

3 Likes

Welcome! can you share the battery spec? normally tool battery are not great for esk8, unless in parrallel

2 Likes

Oh itā€™s been said now I have to share. Again. (upload://1plMQz8pWXuERgRKkW5A2EyKptf.jpeg)

3 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m looking to build a mountain board for off road hill climbs etc. Looking for lots of torque and would be happy with 25/30 mph. Iā€™ve done a load of research but still struggling to find best motor size an Kv.

Specs so far: MBS Core 94 Axe mountain board 12s8p in a Trampa monsterbox VESC HD 60 AT Moon gear drive

Any help would be appreciated :pray:

2 Likes

I want to build a light board with 12s2p p42a from molicell but I am still not sure whether I should go for dual or single driveā€¦ Is the 1kg less weight worth it or is dual 6355 always the way to go. Thanks :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello, My name is Noah and I have always had an interest in electronics and skateboarding. Hoping to combine those hobbies and build a e-skate soon. Where I live, the northeast US, does not have the best pavement or paths. So i am hopping to build a AT board. The one thing that scares my is the battery pack. I have had some expanding lipos in the past so want to stay away from them. But the idea of building a cell pack myself seams daunting. Hoping to learn something from this community. Thanks!

2 Likes

Personal preference, single will be lighter, dual will be give you more oomff(not that you necessarily need it!) The battery would be capable of both!

2 Likes

Single drive is cheaper and lighter and simpler (put it on the rear heelside). Dual drive will give you better traction which isnā€™t always a good thing but a lot of times is. For example, if you slam on the brakes until skidding, a dual will chuck you off while a single you can steer during the skid. This matters more when itā€™s wet streets and stuff.

3 Likes