Is the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 213kv any good?

ESC ratings are probably not something you want to test XD The motor, however, could run as low as 1v if you REALLY wanted to. Granted, it would barely turn. It’s 10S rating means one of two things: It can handle the voltage, or that it’s most efficient at that voltage. Some 3S motors for RC stuff can take 4S, but they’ll usually use much more power than the change in performance is worth, and they’ll also get unusually hot. Because the ESC is rated lower than the motor, you have to consider if the motor will perform well enough at 6s- there’s no danger of electronics failure. My SK3 6354 is rated 8-10S, but it works as a single drive on just 8S well enough for my purposes. Running a 10S rated motor at 6S is guesswork, as far as I know. That’s a full 16 volts lower in voltage, but I don’t have the experience to tell you what that’ll mean for performance.

Ok I just read an article about this motor that it can run at 6s. So i ordered the motor, esc and the 6s battery. But i just tested it with the 3s battery and there ist no reaction.

If you can wait, I will be getting SK3’s around March 25-ish.

1 Like