Recently came into possession of barely used Jacob hubs without any thane slipping.
I know there were various threads on mods to these hubs, but wanted to see if anyone is still using them and which mods work best.
What I’m planning to do:
- Scuff the inner wheel thane/outer motor metal
- Epoxy nubs on the outer motor
- Insert sleeve over the outer motor to increase thickness
- Apply high strength epoxy over the outer motor/sleeve and in between the sleeve and thane
- Reinforce the phase wires with epoxy
Is there anything else? My plan is to do these preventative mods, then explore DIY thane replacements. I know ralphy’s wheels are no longer available but wondering if anyone has thoughts on DIY methods for a future thane replacement.
Sleeves: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1912309 (Note: Issues reported with sleeves printed from this file)