Price: $325 including US shipping
- Available gear ratio 2.33 (18/42) to 3.07 (15/46)
- Interchangeable wheel (42, 43, 44, 45, and 46) and pinion (15, 16, 17, and 18) spur gears
- Ability to accommodate dual 6355 up to 6360 motors on SR TKP
- Motor and PressFit adapters are precision cnc-ed from T6061 USA aluminum
- Wheel spur gears are cnc-ed from solid rounds of USA Acetal Delrin (POM)
- Motor spur gears are 304 stainless steel
- All parts are machined and produced in San Diego, CA USA
- Easy to assemble with simple hex tools
Janux IC (Inter-Changeable) Gear Drive kit includes:
- 2x T6061 6055 Aluminum motor plates
- 2x T6061 6055 Aluminum truck adapters (specify SR RKP, SR TKP)
- 2x T6061 6055 Aluminum PressFit mounts (specify ABEC, or Kegel type)
- 2x Gearbox housings
- 2x Acetal Delrin (POM) wheel spur gear (choice of 42, 43, 44, 45, or 46t)
- 2x 304 Stainless Steel motor spur gear (choice of 15, 16, 17, or 18t)
- 2x Rubber Sealer V-Ring
- 2x bearings
- All necessary hardware
Tools you will need:
- Size 2.5, 3.0 Hex tools
- Any gear Lubricant (Grease)
Installing the wheel spur gear :
Locate PressFit mount and wheel spur gear.
Apply blue Loctite to thread and mate gear to PressFit mount.
Installing Motor plate :
Locate motor plate and truck adapter.
Slide motor plate over truck hangar.
Press truck adapter onto hangar.
Attach motor plate to adapter.
Installing Motor :
Locate motor spur gear, 3mm key, and motor.
Apply blue Loctite to thread, loosely install the motor to motor plate.
Double fold a piece of paper (~0.5 to 0.75mm) to use as filler gauge.
Insert gear and 3mm key onto motor shaft with the paper between motor plate and gear.
Apply Loctite to thread then lockdown.
Backlash adjustment :
Locate gear/Pressfit adapter assembly, bearing, 70mm SR shoulder bolt, silver and black spacers (provided by SR).
Slide silver SR spacer over shaft.
Drop bearing into adapter.
Press gear/Pressfit assembly to wheel.
Slide SR black spacer over shaft.
Torque down shoulder bolt, spur gears are now loosely engaged and aligned.
Place a folded paper in between the spur gear and the pinion
Squeeze the spur gear and the pinion together.
Lockdown the outside hex bolts.
Remove the wheel assembly, lockdown the remaining inner bolts.
Installing the motor housing :
Locate the housing and V-ring.
Insert gear/Pressfit assembly thru housing opening.
Lightly grease the V-ring, slide over spur boss.
Guide assembly onto wheel ( Do not press on housing ).
Place wheel on table, press on spur gear ( not housing ) to wheel.
Insert SR silver spacer and bearing over shaft
Slide SR black spacer onto shaft.
Final assembly :
Slide housing assembly to motor plate.
Insert bolts to complete the drive gear system.