Jay Boston: Apologies to Evolve, Uploaded Vid, Early Release & Inner Sanctum

It’s been a while since I’ve ordered something from there

WTF?!

I don’t really see ANY reason why an apology is needed for this. The accidental release is just hours or ONE day too early. I mean what did they think was going to happen? Someone like Boosted sees the video and create a board with similar specs and manufacture it within a day which will make Evolve lose potential sales? If Jay really wanted to apologize, this situation is a “Shit, my bad” kinda apology. Not this video that looks like he killed a effing puppy. Grow a pair damn it.

There was absolutely no loss here especially since Jay is an Evolve fanboy and knows very little about what really makes a superior board. So the whole things would lead to sales.

In case you can’t tell, I hate forced apologies. My parents always tried to push that on me because I am/was a blunt a-hole and told it like it is.

2 Likes

It’s referred to as thunderclap marketing. Essentially you want all the hype to smash the internet at the same time so that people impulse buy like hell on release.

When people have time to discuss and examine together like during a leak it costs the company more revenue than you would think.

You know all this though Mike :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly this Brent.

One of my friends did a review, hired a studio, recorded his video and everyone was supposed to release together and would have ridden the YouTube algorithm.

Instead Jay tried to fuck them, its that simple. Still Evolve dont seem to bothered looking at their comment on his video.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Obviously I’m not a marketing professional so I don’t know the potential loss. It’s just my personal take on the matter. When it comes to product specs on these things, no one trust them anyway

1 Like

No one should trust them, they do though :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I just happened to be looking up this fake site called jeshank because they scammed my wife outta $12 and that was on Google. I wondered what your pic was from, now I know. Lol

The problem he has is being trusted for other announcements. Media people obey embargoes to maintain the confidence of their sources.

1 Like
3 Likes

ask @sofu what she thinks about that leak. its more about fairness, timing for the reviewers than potential loss on evolves side.

2 Likes

@sofu the review popped up in my Google news feed this AM. I read the whole article and i thought you gave a real unbiased opinion of the GTR. I will not be buying one though. I am waiting patiently for @revel_flo to release their new drive system.

3 Likes