Just took my dual drive on its maiden voyage..HOLY SH!t balls!

So my single is a 6374-168. I happen to have 2 5065-200’s available - do you think this would be an “equivalent” swap? Or would I end up with less power/torque?

Dual 5065 > single 6374

4 Likes

Really? Cause I feel like my buddies evolve is more punchy than a single 6374 set up on the same voltage.

1 Like

Basic math bro, we’re saying the same thing, open side is the greater, close side of carrot is the lesser

Dual anything beats single anything :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There goes my weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha single to dual is such a huge difference I wonder how 4wd will feel lol

1 Like

Probably insane. I have tried FWD vs RWD but not a 4WD yet. I’m honestly kind of concerned about it at my weight (130lbs) and not sure I have enough mass to maintain traction, considering I can barely leverage traction on dual 6374 with 100+ motor amps without traction control. Traction control makes it manageable. You are a bit more then twice my weight and I am sure it will be of great benefit, and have the mass to budlge the urethane for traction.

I am curious however if the reduction(4:1+) and pneumatics on 4wd would be sustainable for my mass.

1 Like

I’m lucky enough to have ridden Derek’s 4WD Carvons and 4WD AT. Only on a flat beach cruise though.

The feeling is indescribable for someone weighing 210lbs. The torque is like…the acceleration is like…

Indescribable

Buttery like hot knife through room temperature butter. We’ve been using cold knives and cold butter this whole time.

4 Likes

Got started on my conversion :slight_smile:

Now comes the part where I have to take the single-motor board apart. Which means I can’t ride it. Hmmm.