Kaly gear drives

So I got these drives yesterday and immediately installed them, it was extremely easy, all you need to do is cut the motor axles 12mm and install the motor gear with Loctite 680.

I paired them with 6380s 170kv @torqueboards motors, pretty much the same power rating of the APS 6384 motors.

The gear drives are 4:1 and come with a pretty nice matte black powder coated hanger, bearings, oil seals and all required hardware, just bolt into the Trampa hanger and you are set.

Big shout to my friend @kaly for such a great piece of hardware.

30 Likes

These are gear drives, not direct drives

10 Likes

Holly sh!t I just realized my stupid mistake.

Sorry about that and thanks for the heads up. I guess I’ll have to pull out the video as well

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: the gear police got ya!!!

23 Likes

Not bad, You got away with it for a good few mins before @b264 took notice lol

8 Likes

LoL it’s just marketing-jive. Once all the axial direct drives (Carvon, TB, ??) are out, then this will be a bigger deal so we should get used to calling them correctly :smiley: We have a nice short name for radial direct drives already (“hub motors”)

3 Likes

I think Alan is too nice to do it but I want to believe he did this on purpose.

6 Likes

Gear Police, you cannot scape from 'em.

tumblr_oh61ffdBel1vlq6q2o1_400

7 Likes

I’m waiting for this, pretty impatient :smile: I read a lot about the differences between the belt and the gears and the pros and cons, but in particular with this gear drive how are you? noise and smoothness? the question is: is it really all another world?

1 Like

You guys do get that “The Gear” is slang for drugs like Heroin right?

@Andy87 probably does. @pixelsilva did you know?

You can say it also in the context when somebody is on steroids :wink:

2 Likes

Ahhahahaha nooooo, I didn’t know about that, sorry

1 Like

Ok @Blitz lets said is the “Heat”.

I though it was crank

2 Likes

I guess its different everywhere,

You say moonshine, Russians say Semogon.

It’s safe to say that in a lot of places “The gear” stands for some kind or kinds of drugs.

The ‘Heat’ stands for the authorities, the police, or law enforcement when they are onto someone. ‘Heat’ means chasing the criminals.

Interesting how we got from admiring @kaly drives to talking about what terms mean what in several contexts :laughing:

just another day/night on the forum :smile:

3 Likes

“The block is hot”

1 Like

“Drives and drugs” - pretty good topic for this thread :thinking:

2 Likes

What do you mean by that you had to cut the motor axle 12mm? Are you referring to cutting the motor shaft? I’ve ordered a set from Kaly in his next batch.