KingFisher III Build Log | Dual Focbox + APS 270 KV | Swappable 8S 160Wh / 260Wh lipo | Custom mounts / Electronics / Deck [[[OFFICALLY DEAD, merged with new project]]]

IMG_20180807_172754

Update to the battery:

Added two additional ports for a deadmans switch to ensure the battery is only live when plugged in.

Using a LHB antispark that’s been slimmed down.

Refined circuitry for momentary button switching (click on, hold off) which will not consume power when on. (Not shown)

Soldered all lipos and BMS together.

Case is complete, awaiting more filament to print the release buttons.

3 Likes

Looks very tidy in there. What’s the weight of the spare battery going to be that you will carry?

Hey man, I’m starting a build with the same wheels. Any chance I could take a look at your pulley files? I was planning on modeling my own 40T wheel pulley, but this might be perfect!

Sure, I don’t have access to them this instant but I’ll get them posted soon. Did you mean for the 76mm zombie hawgs or the diyek8 90mm wheels?

the zombies going down in diameter to try to save weight

actually, no worries I ended up seeing a cool idea in another thread about adding a bearing that rides on the aluminum of the truck to help ensure a concentric pulley, so I modeled up a new version of the pulley with a large bearing seat to explore that idea

really nice and tidy battery :clap::clap::clap:

How do you plan to lock the bat in place ? are you planing some kind of intersection with lock mechanism or just screw it in Place ? (im starting my own project right now and have as well a swappble concept in mind)

1 Like

@Jlabs has these in hand now, I appreciate that you are making this yourself but though I’d mention it in case you wanted to skip the fabrication part! I’m sure you spotted it but the pulley and wheel would need to share a wide bearing on the Paris truck to fit, or you’d need to modify the truck to shorten the arm slightly.

It uses a tool-less removal. It’s got 6 wall hanger style slots on the topside which interlock with shoulder bolts on the board. Two spring pins lock into holes in the battery which can be pushed back in to release via buttons on the battery.

Following!! Nice build so far!

Following, I like the full water proofing. My board build will be a year round commuter so I’m looking at mostly dry with a few heavy rains living in Southern California.

1 Like

Awesome work on those Zombie Hawg pullies @TowerCrisis and @Jmding. I’ve been playing around with the parametric pulley library in OpenSCAD, but would love to see your files if possible? Cheers!

1 Like

Of course, I’ll upload my cad for the wheels and pulleys onto grabcad. Will post the link asap.

1 Like

https://grabcad.com/library/zombie-hawgs-75mm-wheel-with-36t-htd-5m-pulley-1

Here it is.

3 Likes