Kydex Trampa build. 6374 192kv, torque boards, max6 with wifi programmer, gt2b mod. 1ST build

Battery wire management. Last thing left is to cover the motor wires.

5 Likes

What’s your gear ratio if you dont mind me asking? I’m in the state of building an emtb currently and am trying to figure out what the best gear ratio is.im thinking 1:4 with a 6374 190kv motor on 10s

6:1 it’s the stock gearing from torque boards. 12t & 72t, and 192kv motors

Awesome job!!! Video?

1 Like

Damn man. This is awesome! I am normally a die hard street skater, but you sir startet my intrest in a trampa builf. I love you for it and my wallet hates you for it :wink: Keep it up!

2 Likes

A video is coming I skipped the build video due to the time it took to do the vacuum forming.

1 Like

Finished! Just have to decide how to run the dampas. As of right now I don’t have them installed, I have a yellow set but even they seem to stiff. But as I pick up speed I start to get unstable. May try them in just the front first, or maybe all the way around and just drill holes into them to make it easier to carve. If anyone has experimented let me know what works best.

8 Likes

looks great bro, good job!

one thing quickly, I would secure the wires between the ESC and motors to something because when the board rotates when you turn it is going to start working the wires loose from the motors. The joints are not flexable

1 Like

the kydex esc mount is so sick. really have a greats work. will the dirt or small leaf stuck inside the esc fan while run of offroad?

1 Like

You might consider making a vent cover for the ESC. Either clear or mesh for cool ventilation to keep out debre. Just a suggestion. I see your good at fabrication.

1 Like

Not to worried about the fans, I have bashed my RC cars with similar ESC setups and never had an issue, I don’t intend to run this nowhere as hard as my RC cars.

As far as the motor wires, I’ve thought about affixing them to the side, not sure how yet but that can be done in the future, besides I’m just south of Chicago it’s still to cold to do any riding at least for me.

Nice Red Theme Bro… even with red mesh :sunny:

For Dampas : many people think when they start riding a Trampa that it is very stiff with Dampas. From my expierence its more a problem with being unfamilar with bindings… you really have to get on with using the bindings. You need a little speed and then leaning into it, if you fall you were to slow… heelstraps helps also … and check the bindings itself… their is a " binding tutorial" on YT from an Mbs Teamrider… keep on riding… btw : no need for then vents, run all my Max6 without … just disconnectet but still indtalled… this ESC’s are beasts… they take all abuse like a BOSS Hangloose Jenso

1 Like

@Nowind I like the straps but I also like to carve, it is extremely fun at low speeds without the dampas. I have been thinking of a way to have both, I have had steering dampers on bikes in the past. They are adjustable and have close to the same amount of travel at a truck. I’m curious if anyone has ever tried to mount one on a mountain board @trampa I guess would be the best person to ask? If I can get one cheap enough or if any of my friends still have one laying around I may give it a try I was thinking of mounting it behind the front truck. I know this one is big but they come in many sizes and forms.

Edit: I went on eBay and found used ones for $10 and linear Style ones for the $20-30 range. I may just order some and give it a try. Would still like to know if anyone has attempted it in the past.

3 Likes

Have not used one one a e-mtb, but there are smaller ones available for down hill mountain bikes

2 Likes

80° today so I got to go on my first real ride, 3 miles with no dampers was just way to scary. So I came home and install my yellow set…And broke my truck bushings on the rear truck. Going to have to order some and a few extras. Batteries are changing so I’ll try it out hopefully again before the sun sets. I have rolled up and down the driveway before I added the motors and I thought they were just to hard, but I also didn’t have the straps on. Rolling around with them installed and with the straps isn’t so bad, just have to test with some power. Overall I’m extremely happy with how it came out.

And my 3d printer showed up today so now I can revise a few things and make motor wire hangers. Maybe start a new 3d printed build!!

2 Likes

@Homer4evr - Awesome build :slight_smile: That’s some awesome DIY enclosures. Looks great.

1 Like

Im definately interested in these steering dampers, you @Homer4evr mentioned… to see how it turns out and can you make them work

Anyways, very nice build… the red mesh/wire sleeve thing for battery is very nice looking / discreet… I bet people from aside cannot really tell that there are wires going to the back of the board

1 Like

I think this has that very thing…

1 Like

Yes but from the comments on the video they say it’s electronic damper.

Im not sure if thats the case… tho it could be! this is the sneak teaser picture of the damper control at the end of a previous video.