LED strips connected to the board

This is why I like to run a single cell li-ion for a dedicated lighting battery. No heat, no loss, no additional load on main battery.

1 Like

This is only doable if the led strips have RGB connections on them. If all you have is single red and black connections, then you cant, afaik. You might be able to see about a 2-channel led controller

I have this LED:

And this controller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Bluetooth-LED-Remote-Control-Controller-SP110E-For-WS2811-RGB-LED-Strip/173408761372?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Should work then, right?

You will be limited to the color and pattern options of the controller. If there is not a setting for what you want on the controller you are out of luck. Unless the controller is programable some way.

This is why I like to use an Arduino. Your light pattern possibilities are endless. I think I’m going to make a police light pattern and try to sell an esk8 to my local police department.

1 Like

With an Arduino its easy to link the speed of the LEDS scroll with board speed, Bright red for breaking. I use my receiver (esp32) its quick enough to run the neopixel code & control my skateboards. I am planning on doing a colour change based on battery state @ 30% leds will change to orange @ 20% leds will change to red

1 Like

This is a good idea. We’re you planning on a simple resister voltage divider from the battery to an Arduino input? I use the fastled library, haven’t tried neopixel.

I am assuming you are using the the throttle output from your receiver for breaking vs actual speed. If we had actual speed input I wonder if we could do some cool lighting effects where the pixel movement was inversely correlated to speed.