LED switch with Vedders Anti Spark

thank you @Martinsp @jmasta @willpark16 !

The switch would work, it is within the specs pretty much. But unfortunately @florensvb does not own a multimeter so we are not able to figure out how to wire it correctly.

Wait but we dont need to figure it out anymore, right? I’ll just use your plain black switch with the 3 wires and then hook up the LED + and - to the leads that go OUT of the anti spark?

Yes that is another option.

haha wait then what were you suggesting? :smiley:

Or you’re still trying to make the black switch obsolete and use the led switch the proper way?

I am still interested if that could work of course

I just asked the employee about this on DIY website. :smiley: I will notify you once they reply :smiley:

you’re a legend

OK so as expected they said they cant give me the design files of their switch and the pinout of the push button switch :smiley: I am pretty sure that they were either laughing or crying in the office because of me asking such a stupid question. :smiley: just like asking “hey can you give me design files of your product so that I can copy it and sell for cheaper?” :smiley:

Seems like the external LED is the only option now.

1 Like

Finding the pinout of the push button switch is as simple as searching the on/off switch on ebay or google. You can also cut the heatshrink and read the pinout.

Finding the pinout for the on/off button is as simple as flipping over the switch and reading the PCB.

If I remember correctly the vedder switch as jmasta has already mentioned uses an SPDT switch. The Vedder switch doesn’t use an LED switch. They’re two different styles of switches. Can’t remember why but your probably better off buying a SPDT type switch instead of trying to re-use that LED one as the two switches are different.

1 Like