Let's argue about metric verses imperial

yeah tried the RKP, 180mm quite a while back now. Was on a super hard course, super steep, narrow and fast. They were terrifyingly unprescise. My biggest problem was the “rebounce” after every compression by either wieght shift or pure centrifugal force (?!) in narrow turns.

Trucks are my fetish, need to try them all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be nice if the ‘standard’ included a rounded section that would support a bearing for the pulley. Much like what Ollin do to the cast Ronins, but saving the effort of having to put them in a lathe.

It’s kind of ironic that American cars are all designed in SI units, but the speedos still read mph. I don’t think you’ll find an engineer anywhere that says using imperial units is a good idea. That said if you do stick with imperial, don’t do what Trampa does with it’s labelling “9.525mm” axles… :weary:.

Off topic… They look a lot like little cooling vanes on the new direct drive TorqueBoards hanger. They kind of look too small to do a lot of good, and no doubt add to machining costs. Also, I’d be wary of this unless you’ve come to some kind of agreement.

I saw APS recently produced some esk8 friendly trucks. It’d be so nice if you could just choose the mounts you like, and the trucks you like without having to worry about compatibility issues. Good thread :+1:.

1 Like

Why didn’t they make it wide enough for dual 6374 :confused:

That is exactly my problem. Too many hangers designed for esk8 just stop at 185ish…

I was just scrolling through your hanger thread :slight_smile:

I meant the aps trucks

What also bothers me is sk3 new sealed motors - dual 6374 won’t fit tb trucks…

1 Like

I prefer that…

1 Like

I would suggest making axles a little thicker mayne to 10mm

1 Like

I knew this would eventually happened after I posted some of my test data from fusion 360 here and implemented it in my build as replacement hangers for my Calibers.

1 Like

bearings use a system for describing them, like 608 for our skate bearings i think its probably an iso/din