Lets see the insides of your board (bellies of the beats)

I I’m still working on my build the Joker board that I have been posting is the one I have been working on. I’m just trying to figure out how to fit all my electronics in the enclosure. I’m an using @psychotiller 405 enclosure, with focboxes and racerstar motors. My main problem is that the battery is takes up close to 4 quarters of my enclosure and the 10 or 12 awg wires going from my focboxes, loopkey and battery are making it hard for everything to fit nice and neat.

My initial idea was to have the phase wires from the focboxes sticking out of the enclosure as many others have, however I live by the beach so I figured after some time the wires may get corroded from the salty air and will fail. Since the racerstar motors have long wires I figured I would protect the focboc wires by keeping them inside the enclosure and run the phase wires from the motors into the enclosure but with my battery being large I’m having a hard time configuring the wiring before I mount it. I will be using industrial strength velco to mount the battery and focboxes to the board.

So I would like to see how others have managed this issue as I’m sure others have had this issue.

1 Like

Ya it’s always so tight inside especially with 12 batteries and dual drives. Here is my psychotiller deck with split low pro enclosure housing a 12s3p from DIY and two foc boxes. Tight fit for sure. There is still a fair amount of extra space down the sides. I can’t access my other pics at the moment.

3 Likes

My bomb

3 Likes

She’s dead Jim.

4 Likes

2 Likes

ohhh like the idea of open cell foam for vibration protection…where’d you pick that stuff up?

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

There’s actually quite a bit more in there now…forgot to take pic :yum: (Batt to 12v3a stepdown , 12 to 5v2a, Arduino)

And this is being added in front for main lighting

@briman05 if you wanna come down to the shop I’m sure we can Tetris that b*tch

4 Likes

Does it count if it’s not actually inside my board yet? Lol

2 Likes

I picked it up from my dad’s work but you can source it. You can use sturdy foam from you matrass from an old bed and you can look up for that plastic foam Im using at compagnies. Idk which tho…

I like the plastic foam Im using rn because the batteries are not moving at all and they are protected against vibrations. I don’t know the name of it, I will ask my dad about it!

1 Like

4 Likes

Waffle! :pancakes:

1 Like

5 Likes

@scepterr Once my clamps come in for my mounts I’m sure it will probably be easier. I think my main issue is how long the lines are for the motors. I guess I could always cut them down. Just would rather not to so it’s more plug and play. Thanks for the offer. I think I’m going to participate in the Broadway bomb race this year mainly to network my business for custom boards. So maybe I can swing by your shop then if I need anything.

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes