LiftBoard/ Benchwheel 900w single motor wheel change

How can i change the 80mm wheels to 87mm wheels, without changing or replacing any other parts?

1 Like

At a minimum you will have to change the wheels, wheel pulleys and motor pulleys. To my knowledge there are no 3d printed replacement wheel pulleys for bench wheel wheels.

I would suggest a set of FlyWheel clones from amazon or ebay, some 3d printed wheel pulleys (5m) or aluminum wheel pulleys (5m) and motor pulleys (5m) from ebay.

• (5m) = 5mm pitch, the standard is HTD

Links

Blank Pro 83mm Multiple Color Longboard Flywheels + ABEC 7 Bearing + Spacers http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blank-Pro-83mm-Multiple-Color-Longboard-Flywheels-ABEC-7-Bearing-Spacers-/281661805302?var=&hash=item41945a12f6:m:m_kmboR0HMaAcGrU5ZnxyFg

90mm Blue Flywheels clones http://www.ebay.com/itm/131875341711?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=431221563272&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

36T ABEC Pulley Combo Kit (motor pulley, wheel pulley, mounting h/w, belts) diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/36t-abec-drive-pulley-belt-combo-kit/

x4 HTD5M Timing Belt Drive Pulley 15 Teeth 8mm hole 16mm width For Stepper Motor

Isnt the benchwheel 3m pitch? Also, how long would assembly take for this?

Thats the point. Nobody makes 3m wheel pulleys. To change the wheels you need to change the wheel pulleus, motor pulleys and belts. If you have all the parts less than an hour.

Kinda confusing can you label which link is what? Like which one is a motor pulley, wheel pulley, etc.[quote=“mmaner, post:4, topic:21454, full:true”]

Thats the point. Nobody makes 3m wheel pulleys. To change the wheels you need to change the wheel pulleus, motor pulleys and belts. If you have all the parts less than an hour. [/quote]

The 36T ABEC Pulley Combo Kit has the Wheel Pulley, Motor Pulley & Belt.

The 90mm Flywheel clones + ABEC 7 Bearings + Spacers link is for wheels. You use the Wheel Pulley form the 36t DIY kit or a 3D printed Wheel Pulley on these wheels.

The other Flywheels link is for 83mm wheels, in case you would rather not use 90mm wheels. The HTD5M Pulley link was just in case you wanted to print wheel pulleys and buy your belts separate. Get 265-5M-12 belts here. You can get the STL to print the Wheel Pulley(s) here (they were created by @JuniorPotato93).

I don’t know where you would get 87mm wheels.

I’m assuming the Liftboard is the same as the Benchwheel, which I have. One possible option I have found, if you look in the Benchwheel store on Aliexpress, is that their replacement “power wheel” contains an aluminum wheel pulley with 4 holes and 4 plastic tabs to fit their 8 spoke wheels. I’m wondering if it might be possible to drill more holes to coincide with the 6 spoke Abec wheels. This would mean you could keep the motor pulley and 3mm belt system in tact.

The only other option I can see is somehow getting someone to scan the stock Benchwheel pulley and marry the tooth side to the Abec compatible side from a 3d print file.

BTW, my plastic wheel pulley has a rebate on the truck side where a non standard flanged bearing sits, which is why I think it would be difficult to get an existing 3d file to work properly.

Let me know how it goes

I’m going in a slightly different direction for now. I have bought a single hub kit from DIY and am going to attach it to the penny board enclosure and put it all on a 31" drop through deck. Still keen to see alternative wheels becoming available though