Lipo pack disassembly

So for my first build I ordered 2 turnigy 5000mAh 6s battery packs and for my next build I’d like to build a 10s3p 18650 pack. The lipo batteries are fine still but with how tall they are it makes building a nice enclosure tricky. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to disassemble a pack? I looked around a little and found a few videos of people attempting it and ruining the pack by tearing the foil while separating the glue that holds the cells together. I thought maybe by using some heat, a solvent, and some fishing line it might be possible to separate the cells. The goal would be to lay them flat and wire them back up. I’ve only ever heard bad things about it but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck?

2 Likes

@lowGuido and @barajabali

Flat pack revolution

Yes I’ve had a lot of success with this. It works fine as long as you have the correct tools.

Spot welder or alumni solder. Check out my thread on “how I made my lipo packs slimmer”

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

My pleasure!

I considered doing this as well, then decided to just get some 2s 1" thick packs and connect them in series.

1 Like