Loaded Vanguard Durability (4 years old)

I think you gave the perfect answer to @jct1212. Thank you sir!

1 Like

@Deckoz you did give the perfect answer. Thanks so much for your help!! I’ll try to find a flex 4 now :smiley:

1 Like

The good news is…you dont really have to of you dont want to… The flexes are all the same board with different amounts of 6oz glass on top

The flex 4 has 3 layers of glass on top The flex 5 has 2 layers.

If your familiar with fiberglassing. Sand off the clear grip from your flex 5 and add a layer or two of 4oz glass and you got yourself a flex4 on the cheap :slight_smile:

PS if you sand off the clear grip dont go to far! Just enough to get it flat, as the fiberglass is right under the clear grip.

1 Like

Wow, nice. Thanks for the tip. I actually did find a Flex 4 on Craigslist where the guy spelled Vanguard as Vangard so it didn’t show up on search lol. Going to take a look at it and the flex 5 tomorrow to see the condition of each. Hopefully the flex 4 works out. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

I’m 120 lbs now so something similar to your setup should be perfect!

2 Likes

Yea man! It’s definitely a hell of a ride! Give that bushing setup a go, it should be groovy for your weight since we’re a wopping 7lbs different. PM me if ya have any questions about the build. :slight_smile:

1 Like