Looking for some ollin mounts

I picked up some cool little 50mm motors from ollin to test out and of course they do not fit the typical mounts. I also emailed that dude who use to sell some in the forums, no reply. So I will put it out here…who has a pair of mounts to fit these…Im looking to put them on some torque trucks side by side…so I need a a left and right if asymmetrical…

1 Like

I just use the standard Enertion style (i think?) Mounts

1 Like

and where do I purchase those at? I wish to actually acquire the mounts, not find out which ones I need, lol

2 Likes

These are available for 50mm motors collections/electric-skateboard-motor-mounts/products/single-bolt-on-motor-mount-set-only-black

I’m not sure but I don’t think they work with the Olin motors, they have a non-standard slot pattern.

@squishy654 I’m using some standard 50mm mounts with Olin 50mm motors, just using 2 screws into the motors and 48h cured loktite. Not my favorite choice but it seems to be holding up well.

4 Likes

Which has the non standard bolt pattern, the motors or the TB mounts?

1 Like

The motors, I dont have one with me or I’d measure it but its slightly bigger than the standard 50mm hole pattern and slightly smaller than the standard 60mm.

1 Like

So, it seems, mounts for these motors don’t really exist then? I’m not keen on only using 2 of the bolts, I weight a lot…lol Why doesn’t Ollin sell the mounts?

1 Like

You need a mount with an X pattern, last time I checked.

APS is an option…I think. MEB still has some old school enertion mounts I think… https://miamielectricboards.com/shop-1/enertion-motor-mounts Eskating’s mounts MIGHT work…I have no idea

Ollin had these specifically with their mounts, but they’ve since moved onto their 6085 motors.

4 Likes

Im not crazy about the idea either, but this is a board still in progress. My plan was to drill holes for the other 2 bolts when I was sure of the motor position. I’ve only got 2 short rides on it, but its been sitting for a couple of weeks and the bolts are still snug.

I will most likely drill the 2 additional holes before its over. Just waiting on the permanent board before I do.

marcmt88 mounts duh…

4 Likes

They are a little big for this motor though, it’s prolly my best option though…

1 Like

@Boardnamics has some 50mm motor mounts, he could maybe re-engineer the plate to fit olin motors?

@marcmt88 can customize for whatever you need. And he will not charge more (at least he didn’t for me)

2 Likes

I second that notion, @marcmt88 can hook you up, regardless of which trucks and which motors you have. The man!

I also just posted in the trade thread that I was looking for a mount like this and had two members pm me within a couple hours

1 Like

I have an extra one of those also. But not two extra ones

Wudja lookit that

Thanks dudes!! Got it done, thanks to @korryh in NorCal, i was able to get the perfect solution…

3 Likes