Low and Slow | Moose 38" Drop Down | 90mm Ebay (Maytech?) Hub Motors | 10s3p | VESC

Ofcourse! Now I actually had to modify the enclosure so that it fit flush against the Moose deck with the lower dip it has toward the back. Pysco’s enclosures are really well made but they are relatively stiff and the one you chose isn’t curved. I’m not sure if the 2inch drop down has the same feature but be prepared to Dremel and sand the enclosure to match the curvature of the deck.

Good to know, yeah I was expecting to have to sand some to get it to fit. Also hoping the neoprene gasket will also help the fit some too.

https://www.amazon.com/Mob-Skateboard-Griptape-Teenage-Turtles/dp/B07K2J425F/ref=sr_1_68?keywords=longboard+grip+tape&qid=1556767612&s=gateway&sr=8-68

Too small :frowning:

Stupid X-brace things are taking forever from amazon with no tracking, so a while ago I ordered from 3 different sellers on ebay with different colors each, and they are having a race to get here:

Whichever color arrives first will be what I put on my board. #fate

2 Likes

So YOU are the reason why all of these were sold out when I last checked! :fist: :angry:

/s :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I will sell you whatever comes 2nd or 3rd :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m in the EU so shipping alone kills the deal :smile:

i ordered a black pair for my build, when they arrived they were for the new school bolt pattern (my deck only has old school) so i ended up cutting them in half and they worked just fine

Got the board all put together for test runs!

20190504_122508

Switched to a torque boards enclosure because my pschotiller one still hasn’t showed up a month later, might have to cancel the order :frowning:

Right now the hole is covered by neoprene, but I will be riveting a piece of plasic there and sealing it with rtv. Need to figure something about how to seal where the wires come out better. Cable sheath for sure, maybe just extra layers of neoprene to create a buffer.

20190504_122530

Drilled through holes to mount and countersunk the hardware. Although now I realize if I want to open the enclosure I either have to regrip the board or have the bolts exposed. Wasn’t thinking about that one. I’ve got the threaded inserts that come with the enclosure, I will probably mount those to the top side so there is no risk of them pulling out.

20190504_122714

Clearance is perfect! It could be a little higher probably. It’s just a bit more than an inch normally, and carving on this will reduce it to about a half an inch. But wow does this board carve!

Rode it for about 5 minutes yesterday and even set at just 25 motor amps I LOVE IT! It’s so smooth and quiet in FOC, sensors work great pulling away from a stop. Rolling down the road with these big wheels and rubber spacers is like floating on butter!

I’ll be riding it as is while I wait for a few more parts to come in, but here is the next steps when I work on it again:

• Grip tape
  • Threaded inserts for enclosure hardware
  • X-brace w/ top side rubber riser for full soft mount
  • 45 motor amps
  • flipsky remote
  • nrf51822 bluetooth
1 Like

The ones from amazon are new school the red ones that showed up are old school. My deck is new school.

20190508_182946

Everything mounted in the enclosure, got the grip on and everything all together will take a pic tomorrow of the completed board!

Only a few things left to do:

• Hard cover for “window” in torqueboards enclosure
  • Bluetooth
  • New Remote (Don’t like the trigger style)

Even at 25A motor and 15A battery each vesc this thing powers straight up steep hills. I get wobbles at what I’m going to guess is about 25ish, haven’t used speedometer app yet to see. Tightened the trucks and see how that goes. Need some wax for the bushings very squeaky and creaky. Maybe better bushings?

Is there any way to know what kind of bushings would fit this thing?

5 Likes

20190510_185826

LOL thankfully this happened while I was jumping on it in my living room…

Welp, I guess that’s what happens with a $38 deck!

While I loved the ability to have a low deck with those soft juicy spacers, the deck didn’t give me enough foot space. My stance is wider than the drop area of the board. I think I’m going to go for something like a 42" with a big kick so I can plant my foot there when tucked and also to move the board around while standing.

5 Likes