MASSIVE voltage sag with 10s2p Samsung 30Q lithium ion pack

Honestly you’re probably right because I have been riding it harder haha

What are your settiings? Battery max, min and Motor max, min?

Motor max per motor is 60a, min is -60 battery max per vesc is 20 amp, and battery min per vesc is like 10a

Or -10a I forgot how battery min works i don’t have my computer right in front of me atm

Thats a weak battery for 2 motors, it can supply max 40A for your motors which could pull a LOT more than 20 if you had the battery for it

Have you considered a bigger battery?

Yeah I’m talking with they guy, I think I’m gonna get a 10s4p

He said it’s better for dual motor setups

Just add one more in paralel

My enclosure won’t fit that unfortunately, it’s gotta be put together custom so I’ll just get a new battery. It’s all good. Thanks for the help guys!

i would always build the battery bigger, less strain on the cells and longer cell life, cooler temp ect ect. Maybe lipo fit inside the enclosure. People demonize them, but i use them in my build and love it.

1 Like

-10 is a little high, in theory by the specs you can only go -4. But i always go 50% higher which would be -6 in your case. But it is also possible that the battery doesn’t really care about these short bursts. Maybe it does.

If you want a new battery anyway just give it a try. Best would be if you have some self discipline and brake gently when you go fast so that you still have the good brake performance when you need it in times of crisis.

And motor max doesn’t matter for the battery, he can even go to 80A. Battery max is the one that counts when it comes to the maximum amps the battery can handle.

2 Likes

Does anyone know someone who could make a custom 10s4p for this enclosure? Something like this?

I’d like to keep it under $300 if possible

Extend your battery yourself. Buy 20 cells more (nkon 80€) and solder them. I know soldering might be bad etc etc. Even if you loose 5% capacity by soldering you still gain 95%.

(Now all battery nerds can stone me to death.)

5 Likes

Yeah I’d rather just buy it from someone, I’m pretty bad at soldering and I don’t want to spend money on new equipment

@Michaelj1

Michael would you like me to build a battery for you? I have an vanguard battery enclosure with me so I can do a perfect battery layout for it.

Hit me up via pm

1 Like