Having built myself the cheapest esk8 MTB I could mix up 6 months ago, using the best of Aliexpress to get me rolling. I decided it deserved an upgrade. So I set out to find out how many Trampa parts I needed to make this thing cool.
And so it begins.
My old spring retainers had penny washers behind them, so tight corners ended up sounding like I was shaking a bag of coins. So they had to get upgraded. Trampenstein Trucks here I come.
I had to get some new bushings turned to match these hangers. I changed the layout to ensure plastic-plastic contact was made (like Trampa), as opposed to the single bushing metal-plastic-metal my Mayflex truck had, probably why it had grinded itself loose after 6 months of abuse.
All in pursuit of using my old motor mounts and wheels.
Having rubbed my last BMS case through a Balance cable on my last ride, it was time to re-box my 12S4P 21700 Battery Pack, and ditch the 120A Charge/Discharge BMS in favour of Charge only setup.
My friend pointed out half way through how toy my wheels looked, so it was time to jazz them up with a bit of Hydro-dipping.
We noticed how much narrower the wheels were, luckily I also had some spare thread on the back axle, so I printed a wheel spacer to lower the pose.
Wasn’t as much as I hoped, but certainly helped the rear tube inflate more.
Let’s put this thing together then….
And don’t forget my 3D printed remote case, Printed on the Elegoo Mars in a rubber-like material
And it even made it out for a sunset ride
Don’t worry Mr. Trampa, you won’t be out of pocket my next build’s all your parts!