Maytech Hubmotors 800W for sale

I bought some maytech hub motors to try them on my cheap Chinese esc that I got from Meepo. They seemed to work but, they don’t have enough power to drive them. I was wondering if there is someone who’s interested. I live in Sweden and can ship them within europe. Selling them to the highest bidder. Or offer on pm :slight_smile: you get everything in the pictures below

1 Like

Is that 800w per motor and also how much are you trying to get for them

1 Like

Yes, 800W each, as you see on the last picture with the specifications :slight_smile: and about the price, maybe 100-150 dollars.

1 Like

I will see about doing it

It doesn’t seem like much power though and they can only take 20a

Are they better then the meepo hubs and is the urethane replaceable

1 Like

Im pretty sure @dareno has juiced these to stupid heights… or was that meepo hubs :thinking:

1 Like

Hey, yeah the urethane are replaceable, you can get them on Aliexpress on the Maytech store. I’ve tried both meepo hubs and these. These have much more tourqe.

2 Likes

I have run a few types of hubs at some silly motor amps. The meepo esc only draws 18 amps per motor so very limiting. With a vesc you have the option to play with the motor amps but they do get very hot very quickly if you go too high. You do get a significant increase on torque with a vesc but depending on where and how you ride will determine the optimum settings. Personally the maytech hubs are a better unit than most.

4 Likes

I tried to rewire the hall sensor as it sits in a 6 pin housing with 5 wires, I think I does not have a temperature sensor. I tried to fit it into a 5 pin housing and test it, but it didn’t seem to work with a esc. The best option is a VESC as you say. The torque is really there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah because its under your control. You can play with the motor amps which will give you more low down grunt. I did run some meepos at 80 amps motor max but they really didn’t like it although they did rip me up a hill previously ridden at slow walking pace. A vesc conversion on a chinese board is a bit more complex than it appears because you have to basically change all the electronics as the chinese esc also has a meter and receiver built in so new remote new switch new battery meter. You can use the existing battery but set the battery amps according to the specs of the particular cells and the standard chinesium bms will blow if you set too high battery amps.

1 Like

Hehe I thought I’d give it a try, well lesson learned :slight_smile:

1 Like