Maytech NYC festival?

So as some of you may know I was at the nyc eboard and ebike festival, we had a great time and I brought my maxed out nextboard longboard (lhbngv) I was having MAJOR issues with the maytech remote that day, the signal was just completely terrible, at the event the remote wouldn’t keep it’s connection but for some reason if I walked on certain blocks it was just fine! Anyone know why that is ? Also what Is a better or best esk8 remote that will never have a bad connection no matter where you are? I couldn’t do to 7pm night ride to show off the board because of this issue.

I’m in Cali, but from what I heard it’s these new security cameras that they installed on the traffic lights. The signal interferes with the remotes

1 Like

GT2-B or a mini remote seem like the cost effective go-to

I’m using a GT2-B mod (or stock).

IMG_20180916_134120

1 Like

That’s what I have been hearing as well, at all the lights the remote shuts down

As you’ll read… The gt was solid a few weeks then started getting spotty… I may buy another to test the reciever vs transmitter to see if that was the issue but the mini has been solid the last week ive been testing it.

2 Likes

Ill look into the mini

The entire 4,500km2 island I live on has one crosswalk out the front of the school & no stoplights or roundabouts. 3rd world problems for me, 1st world for you!

1 Like

Could also be all the people using similar remotes could have caused interference or some electro from the buildings. I had forgotten all about this I saw posts about it and wanted to make it up there but forgot about it.