MBS MATRIX II truck failure

…slalom abuse bahahaha :rofl:

My eyes!!! Stop the abuse!

8 Likes

+1

MBS baseplates are not designed to withstand sustained road vibration with the added load of the electric drivetrain.

Here among us we have 5? with deformed base plates and 2? broke.

Not faulting MBS; just stating fact that we are past spec for vibration on these baseplates.

I gave up on MBS, I have a family and I need to know I’m doing right by them on my safety.

This ain’t the BMX track, we lose people here every year.

My Lacroix is being built now with Surf Rodz and precision Six Shooter wheels specifically because of these defomed nylon baseplates.

110% support buying @Nowind baseplates immediately.

Good luck with the drop in January.

2 Likes

Ask Chris if Slalom is abusive to trucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHY8eRPgln8

1 Like

Risk management is very important and so often overlooked,

Skate Like There Is A Tomorrow

2 Likes

Oh no! I’m not disputing that. I was saying people choose channels and pneumatics to mitigate rougher terrain more so than smooth pavement. Those PVD’s would most likely rattle apart on trails. The irony here is, the most common choices for trail riding can’t handle the abuse either.

2 Likes

This is sexy as hell… Price is per piece I assume?

@Sender, I think he’s taking to you … Lolololol

5 Likes

Low blow! :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

I’m tired and busted my ass today, I needed a victim :grinning:

5 Likes

Me too, lol. Thank god for my Lazy Rolling Hoodie! Saved me some skin today for sure!

9 Likes

Me to, but my ass is still sore. @LazyRolling, you saved us both from a bloodletting today :grinning:.

6 Likes

Thank you so much @LazyRolling! I now feel naked without my hoodie!

4 Likes

@mmaner and @Sender How does the hoodie hold up against the road after a fall? I haven’t eaten it (tested) mine yet.

3 Likes

Mine was unscathed. Surprisingly so. I doug my elbow and shoulder into the asphalt during the roll and you can hardly tell anything happened.

5 Likes

Mine still looks new, and I slid 20 feet on my ass :grinning:. The impact was my back and right shoulder and I’m good, I feel it but I got up and rode more. I was really surprised at the impact mitigation.

4 Likes

@mmaner @sender didn’t you just receive the hoodie last week? Did you just do a crash test to check how it would hold up? Or just coincidence that you had it.

1 Like

I was testing a short board with carvons TDs (RKP) and TKPs on the front. Turns out not such a great idea, wobbled like a see saw at 20 mph. Incouldnt carve it out, no where to roll out, Soni slid it :grinning:.

The funny part is we weren’t even together, just happened to bust it in the same day. But @Sender busts it a lot, he does like mach 4 into walls and stuff :grinning:

8 Likes

Interesting how MBS thread became lazyrolling thread :rofl: Glad that you did the tests for us

3 Likes

Thanks my friend

Yes price is per piece. I think the price is super fair. This part is machined from billet, complete 3D, needs some time.

6 Likes

Maybe they should come out with a snap on butt flap so no ones ass takes a pounding they didnt ask for.

1 Like