Me this weekend - and discussions about other things

I hate when people change the title and don’t say that they did it So I’ll say it I removed the “Heated” part,

This is a pretty good discussion @Deckoz made us aware of a good program and the power of Bluetooth module and @b264 said well you could ruin something. But if there would be an app where you can preset idiot proof modes I see something useful. The risk factor is there but ill research this idea

2 Likes

You can do this.

Use VESC tool, program the vesc. Read the settings with perimeter and save it as a config profile. Change the vesc tool settings, read again from perimeter save as a different config profile.

Switch between profiles you setup with vesc tool via perimeter

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds good, If I bought enertions warranty I would totally do that Near my neighbourhood be quiet not to disturb near roads get load and powerful in the city back to Foc,

For me its nothing about being practical Its just having cool features that makes my board different from others, and that was just one of the Ideas I probably won’t do that because I can’t afford a blown vesc or any error.

1 Like

looks like i spoke to soon, after 6 months one of my focbox quit on me this morning. DRV error :frowning:

do you happened to known WHEN it died? like hill? braking? acceleration?

Yeah i was on my normal work commute, it was a little wet on the ground but nothing unusual. just finished a big flat section, came up to the big hill. There are traffic lights at the bottom so i usually go past them them wait for the lights to go red, this way i can go up the hill without worrying about any cars being behind me cause they are all stuck at the lights.

So the lights go red and the last car goes past. I pull away as normal, get about 2m forward when everything cuts out. look down and red light is flashing on one of my vesc’s. Seems like in fault condition it also stops sending throttle commands over CAN bus.

It was not under much load and nowhere neer erpm limit. maybe it happened at the point of switching from hall to sensorless??

Walk to work. at lunch open up and everything looks good, plug in usb and its showing drv error on my master, slave is fine. inside focbox everything looks ok, no obvious signs of electrical damage, no smell of magic smoke.

i built a new temporary enclosure ~2 weeks ago so i know everything was secure inside and nothing would be touching that shouldn’t be.

Only thing i can think is that maybe it got wet? maybe one of the caps died?

it seems like the DRV error can be caused by a whole host of things. if anyone knows a good way to diagnose i would like to know :frowning:

2 Likes

Pictures of the PCB would be useful

1 Like

so i swapped the DRV and its not giving me errors any more :slight_smile: but i have not had a chance to spin it up with a motor on yet.

Do we need to do motor detection every time if we change between bldc and foc? Are the detection bonded to the mode or is it interchangeable?