Me this weekend - and discussions about other things

I can’t connect to my board right now to check. But long press the box in the upper left hand corner. :wink:

oh look that Ferrari makes loud noises what a poser! does that sound silly? and i’m no poser I said Once i’m out of the neighborhood.

I would like a few more km/h at times Kinda like sport mode that you can enable in a BMW.

1 Like

Changing your VESC settings everytime you ride sounds like one of two things:

A) you ride once a month/year or B) the fastest way to kill a VESC

4 Likes

You can only Change the app mode but not the Motor mode!

app mode

• min battery
  • max battery
  • min Motor
  • max Motor
  • throttle curve

motor mode

• bldc
  • foc

Its just what I think is a cool Idea, maybe it could be a possibility in the future if so don’t you think that would be a bit cool eh?

Getting into the VESC settings is the last thing I want to do. Personally, I don’t ever want the motors to make noise. I want two buttons, one that goes ding, ding, ding and the other is a locomotive horn. That’s it, as far as the board making noise.

I never said you are a poser :wink: Sorry when it sounded wrong…

You mean it will make a big difference if you drive 42kmp instead of 40 kmh? There is really no big difference in topspeed at all. I always ignore this fact. Not because it is not true. It is absolutely true but there difference is negligible.

1 Like

maybe 3km/h more and I could feel the difference but Hey!

To ME it does not sound like a cool idea. If it sounds to you like the best idea ever: thats okay. Everyone has different Needs!

We could argue that everybody could even feel the difference between 40 and 40,2kmh but i do not want to fight. I also do not want to judge you. I just give you my insights :wink:

PS: @b264 hat some good aspects too (Y)

I must’ve missed the point. I thought @Blitz was asking if he could switch from FOC to BLDC on the go. Wouldn’t the FOC/BLDC switch in the app be what he’s looking for? Maybe not. I’m confused now. Lol.

In the VESC TOOL there is a Switch to Change the mode. But you can barely Access the VESC TOOL on the fly… (attaching usb cable to a pc with the software installed)

In the VESC MONITOR (the Smartphone app) you can Change the mode like explained earlier over Bluetooth with your smartphone

Y’all realize with a metr module you have Perimetr which can change all vesc settings. Or wirelessly tcp bridge over Bluetooth to vesc tool.

For example I left my board outside in the garage plugged in walked up stairs to the computer changed settings and walked back outside… Vs carrying 30lb board upstairs, unbolting enclosure to plug in USB etc

Metr TCP bridge to VESC Tool

Or second example just turn on board and open Perimetr instead of metr and change your settings.

PeriMetr settings

Can even do wireless motor detection in PeriMetr or over tcp bridge…

Well, many of us could alter the VESC MONITOR app to Change all values possible. Why did not ackmania or someone else did this earlier?

Because you do not Need These Settings to Change daily. It will only lead to Problems… How often does a user make a Motor calibration. Normally only the first time he sets the board up. After Setup he will leave it like that. But to Change if the board has more or less power is good Option!

The point is more so you can wirelessly setup the board with the enclosures buttoned up vs having the board half sprawled out doing detections and having to use usb

So really it’s upto the use case of the user…it covers blitz’s want to change on the fly. Use it how you see fit.

1 Like

If you have to fix your board this is a nice Feature. Else it does not have much use.

You are absolutely right. I did not know the possibilities of metr.

@Blitz The perfect solution for you would be the Metra app. When you drive away in FOC you can stop and Change to BLDC on the fly. Just make sure that the vesc has restarted

Doesn’t have much use?

I dunno about you but being able to assemble a board without mucking with configurations first is super useful. Being able to tune the boards settings, or update firmware wirelessly, super useful.

Who wants to use a USB ever? Not me… lol who wants to unbolt thier enclosure to change a simple setting… it’s alot more useful then you think…

1 Like

I plan on changing my VESC settings on my Anubis a few times since the Anubis is meant to be able to switch drives. I plan on doing so via the Perimetr app.

Like @Deckoz, You can assess the VESC Tool wirelessly on the fly via TCP bridge.

That’s because most boards don’t have a reason to. On my build im planning on testing out how practical and ease changing drives would be.

Swappable Drive Trains man. Swappable Drive Trains.

Agreed!

1 Like

I will count-down the days until you accidentally make a mistake and cook an ESC.

For doing something like swapping drives, you should probably be changing the user interface to support that as well, because it’s too easy to make a critical mistake getting in the VESC settings that often.

What about attaching the ESC(s) to the drive and they get swapped as well?

After one detection it should be as simple as selecting a mode and loading it:

But carefulness should be taken agreed.

I rather not swap out the VESC everyone since that kills part of the point. I think using Perimetr should be fine