Meepo esc to FOCBOX | blank double kick drop down | 90 mm hubs | Sanyo 20700b 10s2p | NOW 12s2p sanyo with torque drives (used to be speed drives)

Nice, I did my first commute today on the new DIY, I lowered the max amps on each vesc to 16A to try and this was the full ride:

Still getting some heavy voltage sag but looks like I will get 20+ kms which at my 225lbs weight I think is positive.

Do you see anything concerning in my data?

1 Like

What is your setup? Motors, motor settings, esc?

Dual 6354, Focboxes, 10s2p Sanyo 20700b. This ride had the following settings:

Batt Max 16A Batt Min -12A Motor Max 80A Motor Min -35A

Cutoff starts at 31V ends at 28V.

Before I tried 20A batt max instead of 16A and it was very nice but a bit worried about pulling 40A from this battery.

Yeah if it worries you don’t do it. I’m doing it for science pulling 50amps. The thing is those ratings are continuous ratings. The sanyo 20700b cell is rated for 15amp continuous current. I only pull 50 when taking off and that lasts a second or so. When riding 50kph, depending on wind conditions I only pull 10amps per focbox.

Since I have the metr pro the batt and motor values are added up for dual.

What I noticed from my ride logs is that whenever I touch the throttle it draws max amp, it’s either 0 or full amps.

I was able to make my way back home form work just now and the battery was still at 35V! Almost 22km. Not bad considering I’m 225lbs. The sag wasn’t so bad I was able to go up the long hill at end of my commute still going at 20~25km/h.

Which BMS are you using? Is that the pack offered by several chinese vendors?

Yes, got the meepo 10s2p Sanyo 20700b pack when it was on sale recently.

build thread: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/murad-i-vanguard-42-flex-2-caliber-ii-50-10-dual-6355-190kv-marcmt88-mounts-10s2p-sanyo-20700b-2-x-focbox-90mm-abec-11/62355/18

Does anyone know if meepo hubs will run sensorless?

Yes, meepo hubs will run sensorless

Oh sweet! Thanks!

Nice with that lunchbox underneath, so you have always veggies and peeled off fruits at hand:joy::joy::joy::joy: just kidding