Motor Mount of Choice and pulleys

Stupid thingiverse plastic tutti -frutti generic pulleys that require half a dozen bolts, retainers, half a pulley, a 3D printer, computer files, a planet alignment, a solar eclipse…Geeeezzzz!

Metroboard sells almost the thing we need. It’s so close, in fact, that I was thinking about modifying it with a drill press. It’s the only aluminum insert pulley I’m aware of, and it doesn’t come in Kegel-style.

The only problem with it is it fills one of the wheel bearings with blank. So instead of 2 wheel bearings and one pulley bearing, this has 1 wheel bearing and 1 pulley bearing. That introduces radial forces again like bolts would and causes noise inside the wheel as the insert slips back and forth.

Plus, it’s 19mm (for an 18mm belt) wide instead of 16mm (for a 15mm belt) although that can easily be fixed with a belt/disc sander

1 Like

Yeah, but his owner is so affraid DIY users will get all his inventory and eventually ending up messing with his ‘market strategy’ :roll_eyes:, is almost impossible to get those pulleys if you don’t show prove of beign a previous Metroboard owner, a US born american, two passport photocopies, your California ID, last three phone bills, your bank statement and prove that you are not an alien from the Andromeda galaxy.

Luckily for me, I have not one but two Metroboards :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are there trucks with an axle long enough for the added 7-9mm?

1 Like

Torqueboards 218 truck and Evolve Supercarve trucks have extended axles!

2 Likes

Metroboard pulley…

No comprende, bro? You mean long axles like the TB 218 mm truck, I think those axles are longer than most.

Its not like its rocket science to design the pulley I just wouldn’t really be willing to source these on my dime as I personally only see these solving a luxury problem. If enough people want these I could design them and get some quotes and groupbuy these.

No @BoostedBuilder, Evolve Super Carves don’t come with longer axles. They are in fact kinda short. Like 32 mm. Whilst TB axles are 47 mm each.

The TB 218 trucks have 48mm of axle while the Supercarve trucks have 55mm of axle, part of which is 10mm diameter.

The last 10mm of both are threaded. So the Supercarve actually have the longest axles

1 Like

@bimmer, there are no actual complete aluminum wheel pulleys (with sprockets) in the market for MBS…and I think neither for Kegel or Clones. I think @chaka 's pulleys are for ABEC 97 mm and Popocas 90 mm. Except for other isolated examples like Metroboards pulleys, there are nothing like that in the market for most wheel types.

WE WANT THIS:point_down:

6 Likes

Except without this

and only 16mm wide (for 15mm belt) instead of 19mm (for 18mm belt)

1 Like

I forgot my surface at home so I’ll make something tomorrow.

For the the thing we are discusing here, yes. The usable part of the Evolve axle is just 32 mm, is the 8 mm diameter where the wheel sits. The remaining 10 mm diameter section is where the pulley sits using its own bearing. In that regard the Evolve axle is longer. But comparing the usable 8 mm section with other axles, the supercarve axle is short with 32 mm. TB on the other hand sports a full lenght 47 mm axle (8 mm diameter)

Evolve Super Carve Truck

Im voting for the okp ones!

1 Like

Pulley’s or mounts were so far off-topic I’m confused.

1 Like

Yes, but you can just use 10mm “6900ZZ” bearings anywhere you could use 8mm skateboard bearings so the diameter change is not too important

2 Likes

But is good subject @bimmer. We really need dedicated wheel pulleys (with sprockets) made in aluminum. Is a virgin territory.

1 Like

Can confirm nobody sells these

1 Like