Motor Mount of Choice and pulleys

where the hell did you get those

and how much do you want for 2 of them

2 Likes

why’s re you so obsessed with always promoting your products? I sell things too but I bet you didn’t even know that…

Because the toppic was about affordable mounts?

you have 1 topic that’s not about promoting your own products. all the rest are about your webshop. and no, this topic was not about affordable motor mounts. it was a competitor gauging interest on what the community “needs”

1 Like

Oh, I thought it was a good topic because I received a badge “great topic”, apparantly not :frowning: Sorry for all the things I do wrong, Mr Perfect.

Buildkitboards. @JLabs makes them. But they are bolted on to the wheel… It also looks like he modded them on a lathe

1 Like

ahhhh those are the 12mm ones

Yep, we had a group buy ages ago. For the EU and US. Jlabs was in charge of the US Site. The EU one unfortunately ended miserably… I volunteered for lathing the pulleys since the diameter was a bit off.

I am… the printer are examples.

I agree those are some fine parts. But I am thinking more about people who are interessted into getting into this hobby and less about those so addicted that 500$ just for the drive system seem fine.

Lets think more someone has a caliber truck. We dont want him buying the china htd3 pulley kits and complain 3 weeks down the road because his mount spun of the truck or his belts are skipping.

Of course we can design enthusiast parts but I am thinking more of an affordable diy foundation.

3 Likes

This says it all. I’m not sure how you try to say all my points are wrong. I have two of these and ride one every day. I know what I’m talking about…

I can draw you crappy picture. See illustration A.

Then why would you continue to go on about how I am “wrong” when you don’t even understand and you know that you don’t understand? Maybe wait for an answer?

Then, at a minimum, no force is keeping the belt tight… which is untrue.

I know how skateboard wheels work. This is all only true if the pulley is bolted to the wheel, which we are explicitly talking about NOT having in this whole conversation. It’s literally the entire point, having a floating pulley, and it went over your head. You’re talking about a system where the wheel and pulley components are treated as a single immutable and inflexible piece… which is just not what we have here. Picture something more like big abacus beads next to each other… except two of them have teeth that mesh together with one another

Actually, this way is crap. There is constant movement because the pulley insert itself is supporting the rider weight via friction. The way Evolve does it is much better, if it wasn’t for them using shitty plastic instead of aluminum… Picture a very slight transition from illustration B to illustration C and back again, while going over bumps. Because there is a twisting force on the pulley inserts against the wheel hub, caused because the weight-supporting middle bearing (black) has been removed. That means the pulley inserts are now holding your weight against the wheel hub. You can hear this as it wiggles sometimes and it’s also why they lubricate the inside of the wheel hub spokes with grease and have a video on how to do the lubrication yourself. Otherwise the constant movement creates noise.

No, the wheel is twisting on the inserts radially to the pulley… (ignore rest of paragraph)

2 Likes

You do get a set on machined ronin trucks in the deal also. Have you ever ridden a set of ronin trucks bimmer? sweet af dude… I have a set of ronin precision billet trucks, they cost me $500 and I got no engine mounts…

Couldn’t be happier with the purchase, still make me smile every time I ride them.

But I do get you, they are still the best mounts out there though.

Brings you back to doing a plate style engine mount like marcmt88 &okp with a bolt on truck bracket. You could improve it my adding a cross brace like okp, & make it look better with good design and anodizing like okp. Any features beyond that will hike the price…

NOWWW…could somebody…PLEASEEEEEEE understand this concept for ONCE and for ALLLL:point_down:

The way Evolve does it is much better, if it wasn’t for them using shitty plastic instead of aluminum

Because there is a twisting force on the pulley inserts against the wheel hub, caused because the weight-supporting middle bearing (black) has been removed. That means the pulley inserts are now holding your weight against the wheel hub.

1 Like

…andddd FOR THE LOVE OF GODDDD… replicate EXACTLY this type of wheel pulley into one made of ALUMINUMMMMMMMMM !!! :point_down:

5 Likes

Thannnnnksssss…

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure why everyone is so obsessed with aluminum. Sure, it has decent wear characteristics and looks cool, but I have been running the same Nylon 3D printed pulleys for a year. I have no need for aluminum. :grin:

2 Likes

Anybody sells just the aluminium pulleys for Kegel hubs?

Because nobody has been able to produce these pulleys entirely in 3D Nylon (with Carbon inserts) in great quantities and in a single piece (capable of holding its on bearing) with full length spokes that runs all the way thru the wheel’s hub. So, is obvious there is a bottleneck somewhere that people have been unable to overcome. Therefore we ask… please, give us a full length spoked wheel pulley made of aluminum (specially for MBS, ABEC, Kegel & Clones) and skip the crap for once and for all with these generic thingiverse or printed plastic pulleys made of multiple individual components (tooth pulley, bolts, retainers, etc).

I think @chaka from ollin board company actually makes the wheel pulley for the kegel wheel

1 Like

There…:point_down: