Motor mount wont fix, which solution do you recommend?

CF = Carbon Fiber

That´s the material Enertion uses for one part of their motor mount.

(Source: http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/carbon-fiber-motor-mount-enertion/)

Taking long rides with much power on the motor (eg long climbs / fullspeedracing) generates a lot of heat which probably reduces the lifespan of the motor. Using an aluminium mount will transfer the heat away from the motor. That´s why few users don´t like that Enertion use CF for the mount. But since you won´t climb long steep hills all day temperature imo won´t be a problem.

how has this been working out for you? also, which JB weld did you use?

I need a more permanent way of mounting my motor as well.

The weld worked fairly well I’d say. The issue for me was sliding back and forth on the truck and the weld completely stops that. It did crack on one side but it was where I put a thinner application. Overall i’do say it’s worth doing.

I used the original slow set stuff.

1 Like

Neat, I guess I will be trying this today then.

@sleepy are you putting the shim in the curved section of the clamp? Are you tightening the clamp bolt before you tighten the set screws? If you do the sequence in reverse your clamp wont be tight. and if you put the shim on a flat side instead of up in the curved section it will come loose. The caliber 2s are hand sanded over the curve. Every truck is different. The curved side is the side that needs the shim.

Thanks for the tips @psychotiller. I was putting the shim on the flat side. So i’ll relay to my buddy to try the curved side.

Appreciate it.

1 Like