Motor mounts for Ronin truck

What is the space in mm in between the 2 mounts?

Approx. 110mm

360920d5961f34648ea17c1dfad2f8fc7b5efedd_1_666x500

Just enough :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have to say, those mounts look quite long and thinā€¦

Whatā€™s the center to center between the two pulleys? I could see these mounts bending under high load or impact without a crossbar between the two sides.

looks awesome dudes, only problem I foresee is ronin just dropped the width of their cast frucks from 180mm to 160mm :frowning:

STOCK/p/20199272/category=1667187

Yep, I just forked over the extra money to buy a 180mm cast set from Europe because theyā€™re gone in the US. 160mm from this point on Iā€™ve heard.

Thatā€™s a bummer for esk8 :confused:. We need to round up all of the used ones.

Where did you order?

Sickboards.nl

1 Like

Damnā€¦I still have mine from last yearā€¦but BLEH they took their 25 degree baseplates off their website too.

Shouldnā€™t it still be possible to use a single mount on a 160mm hangar though?..But if wanting to run dual motors, will have to definitely go diagonal setup. I wonder what OBC is doing about the whole 180mm hangar being discontinuedā€¦

Using a single or yingyang mounts should still be fine on 160mm. I was wondering what Ollin would do too. They donā€™t dual mount the Freeride, though, so if they are believers in Roninā€™s new - thinner is better handling -system, probably no issue for them :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Jeremiah from Ollin prefers 180mm trucksā€¦Iā€™m not so sure heā€™s going to like the 160mmā€™sā€¦his deck is pretty wide to begin with and I think there might be some major wheelbite with 160mmā€™s and 90mm wheels.

1 Like

Yea, wheelbite - good point. Guess we are left to hope that, at some point, Ronin and the like take an interest in the esk8 component market.

Wheel bite was my concern as well. 180mm just give us more options.

How has this worked out for you so far?

they look perfect, thinking about buying these from Marc today while I wait on these other trucks

thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™m getting my set delivered today, still waiting on belts, but Iā€™ll let you know.

2 Likes

Did you do any modifications to make the 15mm belts/pulleys work?

1 Like

They fit well and align pretty well. Takes a little hammering to get centered on the hangar and sanding finesse to get it perfectly positioned, because of the profile, but itā€™s very close, out of the box.

Iā€™m running washers as axle spacers and barely getting the locknut to bite, but it bites. Could flip it around. I get a little bit of contact between the mount arm screws and the wheel pulley, but if not for that, there would be no issues running without spacers.

Iā€™m actually remixing that build onto an Evo and Iā€™m going to try to move the mounts towards the center of the hangar just a couple more mm and lose the washers.

In summary, they work pretty well but initial setup takes some dialing.

2 Likes

While they are not Ronin, the Rogue cast 186mm trucks use a insert bushing to control the kingpin lateral movement. A up-side is less maintenance (not having to periodically dissemble and clean the support pin) you get more of that direct feeling but can dial out vibration-slide-give-grip a bit more if you want.

1 Like

Have you tried the Ronin mounts with smaller wheels? I just eyeballed it with 85mm wheels, looks like there wonā€™t be much clearance between the motor mount and the road.