For anyone with a Mountain Board, or even a board with large, or pneumatic tires:
- What pulleys are you using for your build, and did you make them or buy them? If purchased, from where? If made, got a link?
- What gear ratio are you using on what size wheels?
- What motors are you running or have had success/failure with?
- What motor mounts are you using, and are they made or bought?
- Are you running chains or belts, and how are they holding up?
- What kind of riding/abuse do you inflict on your setup?
I recently picked up a used mountain board with 8" tires, and I’m trying to figure out what my options are for sourcing and custom mounting a drive/pulley system. I’m not sure what premade products or open source designs are available for pulleys/mounts or what gear ratio to shoot for, or even what motor/mounting solution to go with, so I was hoping to gather some information for myself, and anyone else who might find themselves in similar situation.
For anyone interested, my deck is made by “Hyline”, and has 250mm “Earthboard” trucks that look like they would be compatible with a Paris style motor mount/clamp. I’m thinking of using dual TorqueBoards v.4 mounts, which will hopefully be long enough to accomodate whatever pulleys I need. I’m also thinking of going belt drive, dual 9mm or 12mm, with dual Torqueboards 6355 motors, but I don’t know if that setup is strong enough for light duty trail riding, which is about as crazy as I plan on getting at this point. Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.