Multilinguals! How do you talk shop?

Hello/Ahalan/Shalom! Yet another thread here intended to get to know the people behind the passion! How many different languages are being used here? Is the one you explain stuff to others in the same one you solve the math in? How much of the technical stuff is in English or others? For me it’s a mix of English and Hebrew and a little bit of Arabic for the technical and explanation side, the math and numbers are all in Hebrew. What about you?

2 Likes

I think it just very much depends with which people you actually speak :sweat_smile: If I speak or write with German I do that in my mother language. If it’s a mixed group than usually English is the main language. If Russian people ask me things, I give my best to explain it in russian, which is still quite difficult as I don’t know a lot of words for parts and tools we use on our boards.

3 Likes

Dropping a comment for the Hebrew :metal:

2 Likes

Manchmal sprechen @Andy87 und ich in Deutsch (oder wenn jemand Deutsch spricht dann gebe ich mein Bestes es in Deutsch zu erklären)

Lol andy fun fact i’m fluent in german didyaknowthat!?

2 Likes

It’s all Greek to me.

5 Likes

Initially, it is Russsian as its my mother tongue. Dazu kann ich auch einige Sache auf Deutsch erklären. Though, if the group is international, then English comes to the scene. Anyway English is essential nowadays I guess.

1 Like

Eniglish and sign language

3 Likes

Woah, really?? You have deaf riders? That’s awesome! Sounds like it would come in handy during group rides in noisy cities.

You never talk to me in German :sleepy:

2 Likes

nah mate :joy:

My native is Russian & Portuguese. But I can only talk esk8 in English XD

4 Likes