My Build & Questions

Hey guys, not sure what I want to buy because this is my first build. I have some options and questions here that I wanted some input on.

GOAL: 25-30 MPH 15 ish Mile Range

Motors:

ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD MOTOR 6355 190KV

collections/electric-skateboard-motors/products/electric-skateboard-motor-6355-190kv

OR

ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD MOTOR 6374 190KV

collections/electric-skateboard-motors/products/electric-skateboard-motor-6374-190kv

Wheels, pulleys, trucks, etc.:

DUAL MOTOR MECHANICAL KIT

collections/dual-motor-mechanical-kit/products/dual-motor-mechanical-kit#

Upgrade to 218mm trucks? (Advantages?)

Upgrade to 15mm belt? (Only works with 6374?)

83mm, 90mm, or 97mm wheels?

Controller:

TORQUEBOARDS 2.4GHZ NANO REMOTE CONTROLLER

collections/remote-controller/products/torqueboards-2-4ghz-nano-remote-controller

Cheeper options?

ESC:

NEW: FOCBOX UNITY ESC

https://www.enertionboards.com/focbox-speed-controller/focbox-unity-dual-motor-foc-controller-esc/

Not to be mean or anything.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/search

2 Likes

thanks man, just wanted feedback on my ideas

im assuming you’re wanting to go dual motor? If you want narrow trucks, go with dual 6355. If you want more power and want to use 6374’s, you’ll need wider trucks. Also, imo that remote is a piece of crap. it doesn’t have very much travel so it’s very touchy. And use whichever wheels you want, just remember that smaller = more torque and larger = higher top speed. of course your gearing will affect this too. And the Torqueboards torque esc is a lil cheaper than the focbox unity if you wanna save a buck

yeah I’m going for dual, wouldn’t I need 2 torqueboard escs then

Great choices. All goes together perfectly. 218 trucks if you want the 6374 motors. 15mm belts all day long. 97mm wheels because you won’t chalk on every little stone and drop the nano remote. Try a benchwheel or a maytech over that option. Everything else is spot on.

1 Like

yep you’ll need 2 esc’s. pretty sure it’s still cheaper than a unity

also what battery are you planning to use?

I don’t have a clue. I need to do more research!!!

you certainly do! get searching my friend

$251.26 vs $85 x 2= 170 I guess but its not as advanced, can’t connect with your phone, and doesn’t have a switch/ button with it

1 Like

switches can be found for less than 80 bucks. a unity also doesn’t ship right away, u would be waiting for a couple months i think.

What’s ur budget?

under 1000 hopefully😅 The less the better

ahhhh once u build one ur gonna build 5 more.

haha gotta get the money first… would you recommend upgrading to 15 mm width belt?

not really. if you do it right, belts won’t snap that often.

false. you can use either an hm10 module and connect it to the master uart port, or use metr module.

… for more $$$

they aren’t to expensive. i own a focbox they r good but for a budget build u want 2 vesc.