So as per requested, I will document here my current build including an anal exam of the board insert laugh here.
So I’ll start out with the build materials.
- I started out with a santa cruz cruiser board.
- Replaced the trucks and wheels with enertion trucks and wheels.
- I’m using a single drive enertion mechanical system. This is with old limited edition gold mount.
- For the motor, an r-spec II, the smaller one (this was the only size at the time)
- For batteries, I am using 2x zippy 6s lipo batteries in parallel, 8000 mAh each, so in total, 16000 mAh
- For the ESC, a 180a FVT. Not the best, but gets the job done.
- For the controller, an Andoer 2.4G Radio Controller (amazon)
- The case is custom made by me, with a dremel and a sanding belt. The case has built in charging and balancing ports. The dual balance allows you to check each battery separately in case a cell in one battery is failing. Charging is done in parallel as it is easier.
- Also, I use acoustic dampening pad between the case and the board. This dramatically deduces road vibrations to the case and electronics, making for a quite and smoother ride.
- Thread locker used on every screw, and electric tape wrapped around every bullet connector involving power. This is to ensure wires don’t come lose, but allow me to deconstruct in case parts ever need replacing.
And pictures (please note it looks darker because its wet. I rode it through light rain with soaked streets today for the first time with no issues)
Enjoy and I love to hear feedback. There’s a lot of things I could have and would have done differently. My next build will be very different.