N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

Yeah, true, although that is assuming you balance charge your cells. Probably better for the batteries, but I wouldn’t say it’s absolutely necessary.

These modules are designed to be used by masses and used properly meaning bms… but, you can hack away and make it suitable for your applications and needs. Balance charging is a pain in the ass

Lol hacking away is the specialty around here

2 Likes

Depending on size of the board there is little to no hacking required from my point of view. Depending on size of the battery modules could be stuck to underside with some quality double sided tape and stainless steel strap used to secure ir further. I probably could do a rendering of that if someone could point me to the right cad file of the board.

BTW if these are tested to be suitable for your application, and there is significant demand i could design and produce vacuum formed covers depending on size

I would be interested in these if they could be connected long ways and flat. That way it would be like one custom built packs and would be the slimmest possible.

@agniusm do you have a picture with dimensions of the different sizes listed (including connection terminals at the top)?

You can download the cell pack file and measure any dimension you like from his website in post #1

Hmm, I haven’t looked at the file, but that will only include the casing, not the external connection terminal…?

Here is a quick 36V 4P mock up on 1000mm longboard:

Bolts ant tab adds 6.5mm so for 6P it would be 123+6.5=129.5mm total. If you need a rubber cap, then add 2mm or so on top

8 Likes

Bolt dimensions could be found here: http://in.misumi-ec.com/asia/ItemDetail/10300240650.html

All fixings are quality stainless steel. Bolts are comming from Japan, plastic screws and square nuts from Germany and the rest is made in Lithiania.

I will get series tab technical drawing made and upload to my website

3 Likes

Series bus bar drawings added. See reference area on the website. You can download stl models for assembled module with series bus bar and bolt and with series bus bar, bolt and protective cap here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B56NVZIdTBFOd2RGNktnZE5QSE0 I understand that space on the board is tight and each .5mm counts. Take a look and do allow for printer tolerances.

2 Likes

How would you make it a 10s build with 3p or 4p with only one module high.

Have you seen my renderings? That one is 12S. Take off 2 modules and you have 10S

I saw the rendering as well, still dont know how they attach with connectors in that configuration.

I am stuck at home with my kid being sick but i have parts here and i will make a small video on this. Words mean little so i hope i will make it clearer. Stay tuned

2 Likes

No worries, take your time. I have 3 little petri dishes at home as well and they all get me sick at the same time. I saw this awhile back when I was making my flexible trampa build and thought it would be a good solution - good to see how far you have come.

Yes I agree, that’s why I don’t balance charge or use a bms. Much simpler and so far no problems.

1 Like

It only takes once to burn you with your skateboard alive while you are a sleep. Too many excamples to put a blind eye not to mention close ones that you are responsible for.

3 Likes

These are interested but the shipping and customs would kill me