Nano-X Strange behaviour

Hey, guys I was riding at street then this started to happen at around 30mph… It feels like @Ackmaniac firmware protection kicks in after I apply brake like it looses signal or etc it doesn’t even start move until I again apply full power…

Freaking scary shit, had to take UBER back home…

That’s weird, sometimes my Nano x dosnt bind correctly and it acts funny try rebinding it by jumping the pins on the reciever.

Also you have to calibrate the remote every time you turn it on. As soon as you hit the power switch on the remote just run the throttle to the top and then the bottom and let it go back to the middle.

I know, but this what happens when normally riding…

Right, but if you don’t calibrate it will accelerate and/or brake unpredictably. That may not be your issue, just wanted to tell you about it in case.

Okay I had biggest wtf of the year today… I don’t know how that stop still spinning was related to this but I found that one motor phase bullet was disconnected, because I saw error in faults saying over current then in real time I saw motor pulling 40A in air… So went to check bullets and then I saw what was and that wheel spins when I apply throttle I was like this:

So apparently VESC can spin motor with 2 phases I guess by seeing hall sensor data? Because I have no fucking idea how it was happening… And I am scared to try it again :smiley:

2 Likes

So non nano-x related then

The break was where the Focboxes motor phase wires meet the motor phase wires?

bullet connector got disconnected… Yeah it’s not nanox problem, but I thought it was, and now I think I know why it was behaving like that the master vesc which had this problem triggered overcurrent and I guess sent same message to slave that’s why it was acting like that…