Need help choosing motors

Need some help guys. I’d like to replace the 5065 200kv motors I’m using. I’d like to go with some 63mm sensored motors. I’ve got a 10s5p battery coming and I typically run 7/8” AT with 15T/58T. I’ve done a little research but still unsure which brand and size. I’m thinking it would need to be 190-200kv. Thanks !

Apparently the maytech 6355 are bullet proof. I say apparently because greater minds than mine told me.

5 Likes

I’ve got some brand new 6355 uncensored motors I could sell you for $60 a motor. image

1 Like

I guess I should add sensored to my list. Thanks though !

2 Likes

What are the main performance differences in the motor lengths.

Cooler temperatures and an increase in available torque

Not much in performance between 55 and 74 but the 74 will run cooler under pressure. If you have the room then go for the 6374 cans

or somewhere in the middle like the 6365

2 Likes

Buy maytechs (they’ll probably be sold rebranded but you can recognize them instantly), they’re truly undestructable motors. Enertion used them in their R1 and shoot me if i’m wrong but LHB still uses them.

2 Likes

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun: just wanted to use the emoji lol. No idea if he uses them still or not lol

3 Likes

Yeah buy maytech. I think @hyperIon1 has a few left for a discounted price.

Checked out @hyperIon1 stock, I’ve ordered from them a lot. Looks like only 170kv in stock. With that be enough kv for my AT wheels ?

2 Likes

Hmmm I’m not sure. Wait for some else’s answer.

they are brilliant motors

image image

Remarkable similarities between the 2. :wink: @PickSix24 170 will give you more torque which is a good thing with large wheels.

5 Likes

Maytech for sure

1 Like

@dareno I’m disappointed you’re not recommending the sk8

originally talking about 6355 and the last time I looked I couldn’t find a sk8 at that size with 200kv. Its there now though. Can you ever forgive me?

1 Like

Not remarkable, rebranded. A good majority of motors today are made by Maytech and branded with who or what’s selling them. The unsealed 63mm are 190kv.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out I had no idea. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Any recommendations of your site that might fit my needs ?