Need help finding a battery box for my trampa

Need help finding a top mount box for me 17ply trampa steer carver I’m trying to fit a 12s6p Thanks in advance

Not the cheapest but work out fine

1 Like

Get the BW500 Case! Cheap, good and fits up to a 10s8p with a small BMS on top. https://www.amazon.de/outdoor-cases-Typ-500-Würfelschaum-SI/dp/B00H24GROK

1 Like

I got this one and it snuggly fits two 10s5p packs from DIYeboard. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EA03UU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

What cells and what config?

1 Like

30q cells hehe

I bought peli 1150 for the battery. It looks and is high quality and durable. But I really have no idea how I’m gonna mount it. And I wish it was a bit more streamlined.

1 Like

Two bolts in the middle and/or velcron tape should hold the box pretty good, no?

1 Like

Bolts yes. Velcro hell no! Maybe velcro underneath for vibration noise but foam weatherstripping is better

1 Like

I had both of ideas, but I was not sure. With the flex on mind it becomes a bit tricky. Velcro sound good but I’m afraid it will fall:(. So 2 bolts in the middle souns like a plan.

There was one guy with i clamps type solution but I cant remember who it was :frowning:

1 Like

What’s wrong with it? Stick like hell.

Clamps don’t allow for flex tho unless they’re in the center. Still a hell no to velcro! These batteries are heavy

If you use bolts than put some washers or neoprene between your board and the case. Will give everything a bit a room if the board flex

1 Like

I thought the same before… But 7kg for a area of 5x10cm …:thinking: I don’t think your batteries are more heavy, and I guess you would not only use a 5x10cm piece.

20180906_124019I’m using cnc body panel mounts for drift cars with 5mm o rings of different lenghts. Like 6.00 for a set of 4 on ebay. This way it can handle the vibrations and big hits. They are attached to the top deck with L brackets. 20180906_12373820180906_123912

1 Like

Looks better than velcron :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::ok_hand:

Same price too

nothing wrong, i use that for almost everything. dampens vibration too.

1 Like

My words. I think I read somewhere, maybe @rich said, that he carry the whole deck included batteries on the handle of the velcroned box without issues

1 Like