New build EMTB Texas Trampa, Leopard 8072, Esc?, Batteries?

Another quick update The esc will sometimes turn on and sometimes it does not:rage: I can get the esc to turn on but it becomes hot on one side within minutes of being turned, I guess this is normal ? One thing that is driving me crazy is the fact that it works only sometimes and then becomes hot when just sitting plugged in. On another note I would like to see if anyone has ideas on how to make my esc enclosure work. I am not sure if this is a bad idea due to it is made of metal and the venting is going to be a little tight but my plan is to squeeze a fan between the 2 esc or maybe put one on the bottom but I am not sure if it is a bad idea. Take a look and let me know.

With the lids open.

3 Likes

How hot is the ESC getting, can you touch it with bare hand ?

The ESC enclosure is a nice touch :slight_smile: you can put 2 fan at bottom one blowing in and the other out.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/High-Speed-5V-2Pin-Mini-DC-Brushless-Cooling-Industry-Fan-30mm-3cm-30x30x7mm-/221643954414?hash=item339b0258ee%3Ag%3AQ7oAAOSwkNZUm37A&_trkparms=pageci%3A9c654a17-3794-11e6-a6ee-005056bb1a44%7Cparentrq%3A7257e1c01550a357cda1a969fffddf16%7Ciid%3A4

On the battery enclosure, is that a soft enclosure ? Better use a ABS DryBox you want to protect those lipos, your balls depend on it :sunny:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Underwater-Kinetics-309-Dry-Box-with-Foam-/371247436903?hash=item5670125467%3Ag%3AQfoAAOSw8d9UzLYR&_trkparms=pageci%3A42c3ed4f-3795-11e6-bd03-74dbd1802551%7Cparentrq%3A725c24161550a6a8eb94b9b0fffe7240%7Ciid%3A1 http://m.ebay.com/itm/Underwater-Kinetics-207-UltraBox-Black-Empty-/182147443057?hash=item2a68d56971%3Ag%3ATCQAAOSwSWJXRM3L&_trkparms=pageci%3Aadae1394-3795-11e6-887a-005056a07dc4%7Cparentrq%3A725ee0c11550a793af4397abfffdee26%7Ciid%3A6

Just got some of those fans thanks, You are right about the softcase I had it sitting around. I might have to settle for a pelican case like the one you showed if I cant come up with something else not sure yet. As far as the esc goes I have only gotten to do bench test so far but plan to ride it later this week if nothing goes wrong. I will make a video of my progress soon.

Did you get your ESCs programmed together? I am having same issue you had but not the overheating part.

The ESC you have to program separately

The fans you can power with the ESC that have the UBEC integrated.

I ended up programming them one at a time and I still am having issues with one of the wheels will not spinning the same speed as the other. See my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvYf4byR5sQ here There is one setting that is not on both escā€™s and I think that could be my problem. Can anyone with this same esc confirm they have the setting number 12 called start power? If so what do you have it set for?

Do any of you have a way to ask torqueboards if this setting can be unlocked or if this is the cause of my issue?

on the video it is a little delayed. most of the time this is not an issue but taking this into account [quote=ā€œMenwaylo, post:47, topic:3879ā€] There is one setting that is not on both escā€™s [/quote]

This is no good. When pairing ESC you will want to have identical ESC working together same firmware, same programing, etc. Otherwise in a high demanding scenario one of the ESC can burn by being over loaded with respect to the other.

Torquedoards are you going to help me getting these esc to work right?I spent 400$on these items and I would like some fucking answers! If not give me a refund so I can get something that works!

@torqueboards your help is needed immediately.

If you use his live chat feature on his website he is very responsive.

I have the same setup and one of my motors spins up before the other as well. Not sure how big of a problem this will be or not. I was running a single motor and ESC for sometime with no issues.

@Menwaylo - This is the wrong place to contact me. Iā€™m not on esk8 that often as well as you didnā€™t bother to tag me.

Hit me up on Live Chat and I can assistā€¦ Either seems like you have a neutral range setup which is different on both sides. Perhaps, one ESC is 3% and the other ESC is at 9% which is what happens to that delay.

Compared to SBoard342 issue. Yours seems to be an issue though.

I also havenā€™t tested that controller and donā€™t know if thatā€™s an issue. You might have also not set your neutral point on your controller which could be causing an issue.

@SBoard342 - One motor always seems to start-up about 1-2 secs sooner. But when you give it more throttle they are at the same speeds. Itā€™s probably due to the Y connector.

@lox897 Thanks for tagging me. :grin:

Yea I didnā€™t think 1-2 seconds later would be a problem.

I know my last comment came off as an ass and I meant it too at the time,[quote=ā€œMenwaylo, post:50, topic:3879, full:trueā€] Torquedoards are you going to help me getting these esc to work right?I spent 400$on these items and I would like some fucking answers! If not give me a refund so I can get something that works! [/quote]

There has been 3 attempts to make contact thru the live chat which then prompted me to email and I did, got no response. I then brought it up on this forum and you responded, so I sent you several private messages and no response, so now I am back at the forum. I am very frustrated with my build and was trying really hard to get answers to a few questions about the esc. So if I offended anyone sorry it is not my normal go to move. I have made very little progress in the last 2 weeks due to lack of answers that I feel are key to the function of this product. I will try to contact Torqueboards thru his live chat and hope to find out if something is wrong or just me being a dumb ass. I will keep everyone posted to the progress.

Donā€™t worry man. @torqueboards can get on your nerves from time to time with the lack of communication or documentation for his product, personally i cancel a whole order for the same reason just to reorder like a month latter.

But remember that this so far is a hobby and this is a side thing that he has. On the other hand he have a real job and/or family all that can really stack up against any good intentions to be able to satisfy all the demands in all front.

itā€™s good to bent from time to time.

@Menwaylo - I got to sleep too man. :slight_smile:

Anyways, Iā€™m available like 18 hours out of the day.

Contact meā€¦ Iā€™ve been around the last 12 hoursā€¦

Where you at? You emailed me on the 16th. If you couldnā€™t get a hold of meā€¦ try again a few days later. Trust meā€¦ your not bothering me. :grin: Your making me :joy: because your not riding alreadyā€¦ That trampa deck is :joy: too because itā€™s not getting any attention.

Itā€™s cool , I have decided to use your escā€™s on another build once my hub motors come. This will give us some time to sort out the esc issues,I will hit you up on live chat tomorrow as I am off all day.This new esc is hooked up and bench test are scary fast! Check out the video of this thing itā€™s is going to scream!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCLuiAL088 I had to ditch the Jelly Belly can but it ends up looking cleaner.

Here is what I am thinking for the new layout.

2 Likes

2 Likes