New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Tb218 compatible is a must. And black…is my personal choice.

Those trucks are pretty popular you probably won’t have any problems selling them as an option to swap with the regular ones. As long as people know they are available. But better make sure of the measurement because I kinda like how tight it is on the caliber ones.

yes, making the insert fixers are easy, just the measurement is important.

1 Like

This mount fits TB218. It is known that TB218 is very very slightly thicker than Calibre II, all that is required to get this mount to fit is bending the pieces out very slightly, when the mount is clamped it fits perfectly fine

3 Likes

Sorry but I can’t give exact measurements, don’t have calipers to measure

I can give measurements but won’t be able to do so for another 10 hours

if like you said, just open the clamp, then will fit. that’s not necessary to make new insert for TB218…

4 Likes

I agree. Some people seem to be perplexed by the idea of actually doing some work to get it to fit. This is the cheapest mount available on the forum so people should be happy with what they have

4 Likes

Mine are arriving tomorrow and I bought the pulley and mounts for 90mm flywheels and caliber II trucks. I’ll try and take pics of what I find. :slight_smile:

I got my pulleys and mount a couple of days ago. When I installed it I just filed down the hanger to make the motor fit. That way I didn’t have to worry about drilling a perfectly centered hole in the pulley. I’m also on Caliber II trucks from Amazon and the clamp insert is not tight, it fits perfectly. Well done @dickyho on the measurements.

The black motors above look great and are really cheap I have been wanting to try them for ages. But now seeing about the no retaining ring issue I think it would be great if @dickyho could do a custom order. What is their MOQ for custom?

I think if they add a retaining ring, use high temp glue, and machine down the exposed shaft to 8mm they would be a great e-skate motor. Thick silicone phase wire would also be nice to have.

@dickyho you should add a URL to your profile so I don’t have to look for your eBay shops everytime.

5 Likes

This ^^^^ Takes me a minute to find it every time

1 Like

Whats the Advantage of an 8mm shaft?

Compatible with a wider variety of hardware

Pretty much this, :point_up_2: 10mm is actually kind of better. But everyone is already using 8mm size pulleys so you would have a very limited selection in 10mm size. Plus no use for all the ones we already have in our spares box.

I think that defected was a isolated case.

Yes, I could custom made motors for small quantity, just need to invest money to develop new parts on my own. those are already silicone wires on the motors now.

do you have pictures of the retainer ring on other motors, let me study at.

for big motors, bigger shaft is better, more torque. 8mm need turning, I already made some steel pulleys with keyway which are cheap as well.

1 Like

Where can I get these?

you mean those steel motor pulleys?