New Esk8 Shoe on the Block

‘Sk8 shoe’ …that sound better?:roll_eyes: (if there is any difference)

I expected a rocket shoe

2 Likes

The walkers are the exact shoe I had I hadn’t even skated in them and the vulcanized bottom started to split.

1 Like

I use Adidas EQT shoes with the ultra boost sole. It’s like walking on marshmallows. They really reduce vibration while riding, but it does take a little getting used to the dampened feeling when steering. I tried the adidas Superstars and the converse with the cushioned sole but I couldn’t ride in Vans, that sole is like cement.

3 Likes

or at least a USB charge port.

1 Like

Do we want a thread where people post photos of their shoes? The community will decide i guess :joy:

how bout a fireproof sole for stamping out lipos. a safety shoe

5 Likes

47 replies to this tread says otherwise. :sunglasses: :athletic_shoe::athletic_shoe:

That is not good. If they are that bad then I need to find some other skate shoe that lasts. Having to pay 70-90€ for skate shoes if they don’t last is not good. At work I am either in trainers that I have stopped running in since they have accumulated more than 700-1000km or safety boots. Most of these can last years if they are good quality. Having a shoe end up like the one in @Holyman92 pictures after 1 month of light use is completely unacceptable. I may need to get me some shoes from the same brand I buy my safety shoes.

https://dike.works/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/24914-840-GARISH-S3-SRC-oceano-side.jpg

These look like they could get the job done. I don’t know how the safety toe cap would affect my ollying but this is not a problem with my eskate :smiley:

1 Like

I’m gonna order some PF Flyers and see how they hold up

1 Like

They look like Chuck Taylors. I still think rubbing canvas against grip tape is a bad idea plus it grips less compared to suede IMO. This type of shoe should not cost more than 20-30$, everything above that is paying for brand marketing.

1 Like

used this on my test today tyvm lol

2 Likes

Lol they are the shoes that Benny wears in the sandlot before he runs away from the giant dog, theyre guarenteed* to make you run faster and jump higher

2 Likes

It’s hard to compare a skate shoe to a eskate shoe but I used the PF Flyers for skating (like in a park with ramps doing tricks) and tore them apart in a month. But you can get them on 6 pm.com for like 20 to $30 a pair.

1 Like

When I used to skate daily riding halfpipe and hanging out in the skateparks all day I would go through a pair of $80 shoes every month no problem.

2 Likes

Doc Marten makes a leather high-top that is intended for work industry use. So it has the slip resistant bottom and acid resistant soles. They’re made with sealed seams to prevent chemical deterioration I’ve used them for warehouse and kitchen work for years and they take quite the beating but you’re looking at spending $100. I might try those. Especially because you can get them in a steel toe high top made of leather.

1 Like

I wouldn’t … lol

1 Like

They’re quite a bit different than their generic boots. No exposed seams. It looks more like a Converse high top made out of a chemically treated leather.

1 Like

These were good boots haha with steel toe

1 Like

Oh I’m sure. I wore nothing but Doc Martens till my late twenties. I’ve definitely thrashed a good Grand worth of their shoes. But I was really surprised how much their Workforce shoes held up. I wouldn’t be comfortable riding a skateboard in Boots. I feel like I’d be fighting the leather too much around my ankles. And with how thick the souls are it messes with my depth perception. Hell I used to sleep in my combat boots but still couldn’t ride a skateboard on them to save my life. Nowadays my skate shoes are typically whatever my last pair of high tops were with strips of Leather Shoe Gooed all over them

1 Like