New - gear drive design - advice welcome

@moon i can give you w/e measurments you need… considering they are precision trucks their tolerances should be fairly tight across their batches

1 Like

Yes go ahead, Im going to go offline for a bit so just drop a PM

shoot me a pm w/ w/e measurements you need… I am not a 3D/cad guy but i do know how to measure and have calipers, i’m in no rush but i really want a gear drive… im growin tired of belts lol

1 Like

Intend to sell.

Fair enough, If u make it mount to SR trucks I’d be down for a set

1 Like

We haven’t decided on what trucks the first sets will be used with, but I think we’ll be able to make it fit with most trucks, just need to create different mounts that can be easily switched out.

Well I will be eagerly waiting… until then the guys at my makerspace are itching to help me make a gear drive system lol

1 Like

Lol, I don’t think it’ll be too much longer before we have a working model. Starting prototyping now. Just gotta work out a few things and we should be good to go :smile:

Guys at your makerspace? Are they esk8ers too

No lol, they are old machinist, but they are fascinated by my VERY crude board lol

Blender is really rough to do CAD in whenever you need to change the size/position of a component it becomes a cascading mess since they don’t seem to really have any parametric modeling stuff built in (I saw a plugin for it but not sure how well maintained that is). I started off doing my designs in Blender at first as well but moved over to onshape since it’s also free so long as you’re cool with your models being in the public and able to copied/forked and edited by anyone. There’s also freecad but that seemed to be pretty unstable to me and I was looking for something easier than blender not harder :slight_smile:

That’s pretty cool, I guess there’s a little workshop with a lathe or a cnc machine or something?

Let’s stay on topic :wink: @wafflejock

1 Like

Yah sorry didn’t mean to derail just wanted to throw it out there… have been through that struggle myself before :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s more of a warehouse w/ a blacksmithing forge, 3d printers, laser cutters, 2 or 3 lathes, a large cnc mill, a small cnc mill and I’m sure there’s more but I haven’t been past those parts of the warehouse yet

1 Like

Wow that sounds amazing, I wish I was where you were lol.

About the SR I will pm you now

Yea I just found it XD and for sure… I’m just threading some PETG gears and about to go see why my printer melted a part on the board >:(

My 3D printer burnt aswell, the PCB. Its because the connectors cheaper 3D printers use are low quality and for the hotend and heat bed its best to have a mofset like this hooked up

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PChero-Expansion-Current-Module-Printer/dp/B071XBZGXG/ref=sr_1_4?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1530827220&sr=1-4&keywords=3D+Printer+MOSFET

Thanks :D… Yea this one was free so I mean it preformed waaay better than expected as far as print quality

3 Likes

How sick is that drive? I’ll PM the hell outta your box right now :joy:

Sending a DM now