New Hoyt remote

https://www.hoytskate.com/collections/accessories/products/speed-puck-remote-control-and-receiver

So there isn’t a lot of info about it, but it looks intriguing. Everything but the price that is. $211. Ouch.

@Michaelinvegas can you convince these guys to do a group buy or a price drop so we can check this thing out and offer them feedback?

Hard to want to take a $211 plunge for something… untested?

Would anyone else be interested in grabbing one of these if the price was right?

7 Likes

I was just looking for a remote too

Edit : Holy Shit $211

2 Likes

IKR, better be the holy fucking grail of remotes.

4 Likes

I can ask them personally if you like @Sender . I’ve skated with the owners of that company on the weekends when we do meetups. I’ve used their board/remote. It’s a different take on a remote which is pretty cool.

2 Likes

What are your impressions?

It looks like it could be super comfy in the hand or super annoying. It does look elegant AF though

1 Like

It seems like a decent remote. It was a little touchy when I used it, but they said they were working out the kinks. It’s just different than any other remote I’ve used considering it’s hockey puck shape. I’ll see if they wanna meet up soon and test it out again now that they’ve finally released it.

2 Likes

That would be awesome to get a review. If it happens grab some video if you can.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Definitely will grab some in depth video. I have some videos on my youtube with their board. I took a couple cuts from it. You can kinda see the size of the remote at the end of the video when he’s setting it down.

3 Likes

So can you use it as a slide puck?

1 Like

I think I remember them talking about an add-on that will be sold so that it can be used as a slide puck.

2 Likes

I got to try this remote out after the Redmond race last month and I did not like the feel or response of it. It was a bit scary tbh, definitely a trigger guy here

According to their Insta

2 Likes

Not currently, somebody asked on Insta Gram

2 Likes

Jinx

You owe me some Brisk :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

it looks like some kind of cookie or a biscuit in that pic haha

2 Likes

I defer to @SeanHacker

2 Likes

Damn, I am more interested in the modular batteries

Seems like 90whr per module for a total of 270whr. easy to fly and don’t look like some homemade device.

1 Like

They do look really nice TBH

@SeanHacker are these guys on the forum? If not, try to convince them to hop in here.