New Hummie Hubs!

yes i understand that but if his making a 100 motors and sold 90 that means there is some in stk

1 Like

I m not sure the list is accurate yet

Are there many of you that have ordered hummie motors living in Europe? Any ideas about shipping type, shipping cost, and shipping time? @Hummie any thoughts on this?

At this point does shipping time really matter to you?

Shipped a set of Race wheels recently to France from Los Angeles rush 2nd day delivery. Used an app called Upela. Was $81.00 us by way of DHLā€¦ https://www.upela.com/en/

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::drooling_face: sexy af

At this point, the hold up is wheels. Hummie has talked to over 35 polyurethane pouring manufacturers. We have a couple good looking leads from those. One is the same factory that pours pig wheels, and they would use the same core material we know while last a long time. We will see what happens, and unfortunately, new business happens slowly. We will have all motors fully assembled and tested with in the next 2 weeks. If anyone wants to ride around on carpet with them, or wants them to start building and hopefully, wheels arenā€™t too far behind.

The other option is we pour you really hard wheels they might not last very long and feel like shit to ride. But we are trying to avoid that option. We know the right materials to use now, itā€™s just getting a place to do it right, quickly, and for the right price.

There is no part of this motor that if it broke, couldnā€™t be replaced pretty cheaply. Stator winding blew out? $20 for us to fix + labor. Bearing failed? Give us 10 minutes and $10 to fix it. Need new rotor because somehow, you managed to break a magnet or something? Give us $30 and itā€™s fixed.

Everything will be cheap and easy to fix, which wonā€™t even matter for most of you, cause I donā€™t see much left to go wrong. Itā€™s all been tested pretty well at this point. But unlike hub motors before this, if anything does go wrong, repairs are not expensive or impossible (any motor will be fixable with this design), and donā€™t require many tools (less than $50 in tools). There will never be a reason to throw a broken motor away (lets face it, odds are someone will find a way to break one at some point, even if we canā€™t, haha).

We just need the wheels and weā€™re good. Good news is Iā€™m lining up some good interviews right now and should have a well paying software engineering job soon, so Iā€™ll be able to kick more bucks into another round of motors in the near future so we can get these in stock at some point.

18 Likes

If money is tights gents, I will be being paid in a week happy to buy another set.

4 Likes

thanks Iā€™ll tell you what happens and it should be decided today really and Iā€™ll be calling them all again in a min. Aend seemed to change the goal post and started out luring me in and then ā€¦weā€™re going to see and still might get them to do it. have two or three other places in the works. Iā€™ll update you guys when we figure it and and its moving. as soon as the tires are being made the woods are cleared. Im pushing for as soon as possible! if we cant have things done by someone within 5 weeks, or maybe a hair longer, Iā€™ll be doing them. weā€™re definitely getting these done and out to you all by mid summer.

4 Likes

have you tried labeda? theres been a couple group buys of wheels involving them and the boa wheels are made by them

yea im talking to them them too.

1 Like

What about trying with ABEC or some known manufacturer. Itā€™s gonna be more pricey but they know their shit and they have contacts in place for manufacturing.

2 Likes

I wuld assume that they would require a very large order

1 Like

@ChrisChaput might see this as an interesting project?

100 wheels tho i think is labeda min and theyll send a batch first too as tester @PredatorBoards you know more

Aend pours for abec (abec does not pour wheels themself), so going to them is cutting out the middle man. Chris wanted way too much to have wheels poured with him. And we have places promising just as good, if not better, than abec. The stuff we have been riding is very similiar to abec. Also a 75a duro. Hard to tell the difference honestly. Aend seems to also want way too much and with them, we would be trying new core materials. They refuse to pour the stuff we have been using that we know works. The company that does pig wheels said they could do it with the stuff weā€™ve been using, which would eliminate any risks in my mind, because itā€™s the first material weā€™ve tried that actually holds up.

8 Likes

You know what is cool? Your transparency. Take notes future entrepreneurs, this is the way of the future.

11 Likes

is it still possible to order these hubs and are you shipping to U.K?

Been a busy past couple of days. We have 24 x 9mm magnets bells glued. 26 motors dipped and baked. You can tell the dipped va not dipped by the color. For the first 24 motors, just need to do final assembly and spin them all to confirm all is good.

Still waiting on the 10mm magnets. Seems like 1-2 more weeks on those. It seems we will likely be pouring wheels again also. Every place is taking things too slowly and we need to get these motors out. So it seems by the end of next week, we could be pouring wheels again. Weā€™ll still pursue a place to pour for us, but we donā€™t want to hold everyone up any longer. Wheels are super easy to replace also.

35 Likes

So perdy. Glad to see the progress gents.

1 Like